easier preset management

dgzieg

Inspired
Hi, I posted somewhere (possibly wish list) that it would be nice to be able to apply the same template across many presets, or part of a preset across many presets. I have an idea that may be useful to someone trying to accomplish this, I'm not informed enough to do this. I still have a Triaxis and used to occasionally use the Triaxis editor, but it also lacked the ability to do global changes. A friend is a coding whiz, and wrote a utility to take Sysex information and dump it into an Excel spreadsheet. You could make your changes there (for instance, sort by amp type, raise all the output levels for that amp type) and then send it back to the Triaxis. The hitch I had in the Triaxis days was that sending the data back never worked correctly (sent much more data back than it had received and basically hung). Thought that this might be a starting point if anybody's interested in doing something like this.

btw - if you use the same amp or fx in many patches, you can make change to all of them by making them "global" blocks. check the manual on how to do this

Couldn't you just create a template patch (say 001) and then use that to make all your patches from (just save them in a different spot)? And as Simeon says, you could make many of the block global which would help you update all the patches form from that template at once.
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom