Earth's Magnetic Poles May Flip

The poles flip all the time (well in "space time"), cool stuff !
You guys did not know this ?

That is scary as fuuuuccccckkkkk, if legit.

It's legit. I heard about this phenomenon quite a while ago. The article mentions the research that proves it has happened many times before and will happen again. So it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when and they believe the process has started.

It has happened many times in the past, you can see it in the "striping" of the magnetic materials in the rocks on the sea floor - the orientation gets baked in when the lava cools and you can detect all the reversals w/ magnetometers <geology geek mode OFF>. And yea, very scary what would probably happen to our civilization.

reading that sort of ruined my day, because I tend to worry about my kids. But considering these events happen in geological time, I hope we might have a few more years (or a few hundred or thousand??) in which to enjoy life as we know it. Hopefully by the time it happens the civilised world will be more prepared.

reading that sort of ruined my day, because I tend to worry about my kids. But considering these events happen in geological time, I hope we might have a few more years (or a few hundred or thousand??) in which to enjoy life as we know it. Hopefully by the time it happens the civilised world will be more prepared.
Everything happens in a hundred years until the day it happens that day. You can't worry about it. Just live your life and try not to be under the meteor when it hits. And if you are, you're problems are over. On to the next life, or the next stop in the multiverse, or whatever. An engine could fall off an airliner over my house right now and sm....

There is no risk of WWIII, and even less by the day. You seriously shouldn't worry. :)

Wish I could agree with you, but as a military spouse it is tough to ignore. Silly people in this world.
Now it doesn't ruin my day or make me stockpile or anything, but sheesh.

You ever have those shower thoughts? Like "hmm wonder if the magnetic poles are going to shift today or a bomb will drop or an asteroid will hit earth and this is the last hot shower I will ever have?"

Doesn't happen often to me, but every now and then the thoughts do cross my mind. Silly brain.

Wish I could agree with you, but as a military spouse it is tough to ignore. Silly people in this world.
Now it doesn't ruin my day or make me stockpile or anything, but sheesh.

You ever have those shower thoughts? Like "hmm wonder if the magnetic poles are going to shift today or a bomb will drop or an asteroid will hit earth and this is the last hot shower I will ever have?"

Doesn't happen often to me, but every now and then the thoughts do cross my mind. Silly brain.
Fair, fair. Sorry for the brashness of my comment... consider it just a reassurance. Things are very stable, and even the most unstable and dangerous actor (DPRK) is currently playing well and being relatively cooperative.

Things are going well, and those worries should be let go of as quickly as they came. :)

Back
Top Bottom