Early Christmas present

ak301

Power User
Just pulled the trigger on an AX8

The girlfriend wasn't very impressed me spending money on "more guitar stuff" before Christmas but I don't care so I figured you lot would share my excitement

I've been doing my research for a while as I'd started out looking for a MIDI switcher to use with my MARSHALL JVM and then thought it'd be handy to have a MFX do all the switching as well as give mega range of effects to add colour when I'm out gigging

I was considering a HD500X as it'd be handy to have the versatility to go direct into a pa or my computer

So it's been a bit of a research project between the AX8 and the Helix which I'm pleased to say Fractal won out

I also scored a mission expression pedal for £50 out of an online electrical shop that didn't know what they had

Both are due to turn up at the end of the week

Merry Christmas to me!!!

Congratulations! I love my AX8. I originally bought an AX2 mk1 (spent 4 or 5 months on the waiting list). Had to sell due to financial hardship. Used an HD500 to get by. Purchased my AX8 last March. AX8 sounds so much better. You are going to love it.

Congrats man! I had the HD500X at one point, returned it after a week as I knew it wasn't right. Got my FAS gear and have never looked back! Also those Mission pedals are a great compliment to FAS gear, you will be set for a while (until your next urge for another guitar comes along).

Can't wait to get hold of it

I've always admired the Fractal stuff but couldn't justify an Axe-fx. I was toying with an FX8 but really liked the idea of having the amp modeling available to me so started looking at the HD500X and then the HELIX.
This is when I found out about the AX8 as to be honest it'd passed me by at that point

I watched a ton if stuff on YouTube, including Mitch Bakers excellent comparison series. and the AX8 always seemed a little richer in tone and quality sound wise
It particularly struck me a video with the Helix that really impressed me sound wise was the exception rather than nearly all the AX8 vids I could hear a definite better calibre even if it wasn't a guitar sound I myself would use

Thanks for the welcome messages folks
This place seems a great resource

I just ordered a Schecter Banshee Elite 7 FR S Cat's Eye Pearl myself, so I know the new gear excitement!

Your girlfriend is going to hate this years Christmas ;)

I've got to go her Mum's next Saturday to listen to her mum sing in a (very) amateur carol concert then endure her families Christmas get together the following day.
I start a stopwatch once they're all together to see how long it takes before the arguments start

I'd say it easily makes up for getting the Fractal

Merry Christmas AK, I pulled the trigger on my AX8 last Monday was hoping it would arrive by today but looks like its not arriving till Monday, Im very excited about it the more I read posts & like you did same research that got me to the obvious decision of FAS... & like you my wife was not to excited bout it either but I have been a good husband this year so not too much flack from her :).... Perhaps you can get her a ring for Christmas I'm pretty sure she forget all about it if you do that... Cheers Dave...

Merry Christmas AK, I pulled the trigger on my AX8 last Monday was hoping it would arrive by today but looks like its not arriving till Monday, Im very excited about it the more I read posts & like you did same research that got me to the obvious decision of FAS... & like you my wife was not to excited bout it either but I have been a good husband this year so not too much flack from her :).... Perhaps you can get her a ring for Christmas I'm pretty sure she forget all about it if you do that... Cheers Dave...

Steady on there mate, what you're suggesting will cost way more than an AX8!

She's done very well out of me this year!

Merry Christmas!
Your girlfriend needs to remember, you are a musician, and you need gear! Some now, more in the future. :D
Fractal Rocks!!!

So the AX8 is due to arrive Thursday and my Mission pedal arrived this morning.

I've ordered a trs patch cable to use the mission with the Fractal

What cables does the unit come with?

I'm intending to use it through my mac or PC first so I can try all the modeling presets before I set anything up with my amp

Back
Top Bottom