Early Alice Cooper presets ?

waylander69

Inspired
Hi
Did a search for some Alice presets for no more mr nice guy era stuff
Use the fas 2 amp for schools out but it's not working for mr nice guy, any ideas what amps I should start with ?
Marshal ? Saw a web posting saying they used fender amps

Cheers
G \../

If you're an Alice Cooper fan like me and looking for era-correct tones from the original recordings. Try the following gear.

The guitars that Glen Buxton and Michael bruce used were Gibson SG's. Both Humbuckers and P90's were used to build these tones.

Amps were good old Marshalls with 4x12. In the Axe FX models they're most probably 1959, 1987 or plexi models. Cabinets go with vintage Marshall cabs (Basketweave, TV , Pre Rola 75hz) use cabinets with good articulation.

I'll try to make some presets and post them when I have a bit more time. Cheers, Perry

Hi
@Techboy57 thanks for that info , yes I am looking era relevant gear , there wasnt any info easily found online . Was playing nice guy last night and going through various amps , one of them that stood out was the brit brown with a TS808 drv and a marshal 4x12 sb75 .
But there's so many amps in the ax8 fx ii, on into the mist we go ;)
Cheers
G \../?

Last edited:
I found something in my presets that has that vintage vibe using a Supremo (Supro Amp) and some basketweave 4x12 speakers. It's my sound that I use for Alright Now by Free. If you tweak it a little bit in the reverb and delay you should come really close. Which model Axe Fx II do you have? I'm using the II XL+. Let me know so I can convert it to the right model. Unless you have the same model, ill include it or convert it yourself in Fractool. Cheers, Perry.

Attachments

• Supremo Alright.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 18
Hi

@Techboy57 had a look at the patch you loaded and tweaked it under scene 1 ,
scene 2 is 1959slp jumped version to see what you think

just messing with different sounds at present to see what fits the song best, btw using prs c24

cheers
G

Attachments

• Alice - Supremo Alright.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 23
Hi

@Techboy57 had a look at the patch you loaded and tweaked it under scene 1 ,
scene 2 is 1959slp jumped version to see what you think

just messing with different sounds at present to see what fits the song best, btw using prs c24

cheers
G
Just started work. Ill have to check it out later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks, Perry.

Nice work, in the Verse section the guitars seem to have even less gain and there panned hard left and right. There's a certain out of phase quality to the guitars. not a lot of bottom, a bit honky and bright.

Back
Top Bottom