Earbuds w/ Axe-Fx?

Toopy14

Axe-Master
Anyone ever try using earbuds with the Axe-Fx?

My daughter borrowed my headphones to conduct pain experiments on her 'friends' for science class...ie. do certain types of music increase the pain threshold when your hand is submerged in ice water. So, in the meantime, I thought I would give my $15 Panasonic earbuds a try. Wow! I was pleasantly surprised at how good they sound.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has tried them?

Last edited:
Westone UM2's are my IEM. I routinely use them directly into the headphone out on my axefx 2 Mk 1 for silent practice. Sound is great to me.

Being serious and honest here. I have yet to hear any environment that the Axe doesn't sound stellar. I've used monitors, headphones ($39.00 to $1200.00), IEM's at both the $500 and $100 range and down to iPhone ear buds. Further that is with my Ultra.

Brazilian guy here and actually ashamed by not knowing the difference between earbuds and headphones haha

But I do use an AKG K66

Been using phones at home (AKG 240M, Sony MDR7506) and ears - Westone UM1 (universal), 1964 Qi's and recently 1964 A8's (customs) - with the Axe and other devices, both wired and wireless (and combinations thereof) for about 6 yrs now..
Any issues are the audio quality is the pipeline to, and the quality of buds in your ears.. not the Axe.

As a semi-long time IEM user - both church (Aviom, B*ringer P16) and secular (full IEM for 2.5 yrs now) it amazes me what we settle for putting in our ears.. we get upset about sound quality and want TOTL gear, including monitors etc., Most of us here wouldn't put cheap-single driver speakers in front of us to monitor our AxeFx's, but then promptly put cheap single-driver speakers into our ears!!
I highly recommend getting the best multi-driver buds (customs or universals depending on budget) that you can afford to monitor live audio with. It will make the experience far more enjoyable..

Back
Top Bottom