E-Drum kit suggestions

I am pretty confident that the Roland sample packs will not sound as good as triggering sounds in SD or EZD.

But if you want some different sounds from the module and to NOT bother with running a DAW while you are
practicing then they may be worth it.

In almost 20 years I have never purchased any 2nd hand samples or presets for my Roland. It's good enough to
get the message across, and I have gigged with those stock samples/presets (albeit tweaked by me to taste.)

Can't hurt, though, if you are curious. :)

Today added a Roland BT-1 (bar trigger) for an extra assignable trigger. Just attached to the same L-rod as my floor tom. Likely use for cowbell mostly but has me wondering about possibilities. I wish this was midi programmable then I could connect it to my FC-12 to trigger looper playback...

edit: even better idea. My temple audio foot board with FC-12/pedals are about a foot away from my kit. I have a pair of dual switches connected to the board as stand in switches. I could get a very small board to attach these switches to so they can move within 3 feet of my board and program the looper functions. Mess around creating guitar riffs...jump on the kit and trigger playback to come up with groove to go along.

Attachments

• bartrigger.jpg
    bartrigger.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom