DZL Herbie FW 19.00 / No drive pedal / Owhhammer Mills 4x12 / Full Demo Song

apescaleconflict

Experienced
Hey guys!

Did this song to my band. As my love for DZL Herbie is growing, i decided to share this demo version i did yesterday with you guys.
All guitars are Diezel Herbie with no drive pedal at all. Cab is Ownhammer Mills 4x12 Erockomania superspecial über tits v6.0 sport edition XXVII

Tell me what you think i'd love to hear some opinions! :)

Peace!

EDIT: Fuck i lied, lead parts are herbie with drive 0.27 and BB pre with drive around 1 :)

PRESET:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7606286/Axe II/Herbie Ape.syx

You will need the Ownhammer EWH cab for this, you find more detail later on.

Hope you dig it :)

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Did this song to my band. As my love for DZL Herbie is growing, i decided to share this demo version i did yesterday with you guys.
All guitars are Diezel Herbie with no drive pedal at all. Cab is Ownhammer Mills 4x12 Erockomania superspecial über tits v6.0 sport edition XXVII

Tell me what you think i'd love to hear some opinions! :)

Peace!

Sounds great! Love this kind of stuff...just don't like the Cookie Monster vocals that typically go with it. Sounds fantastic man!

Thanks guys! At some point there will be an album full of this kind of stuff with our band. :) Not cookie monster vocals also, we have very versatile vocalist ( Tuomas Tommy Tuovinen) who has been singing in My Grain, Damnation Plan etc etc. Lots of clean vocals, growls, screams, shouts blah blah, he's a beast! :)

Love the chordy stuff in there dude... awesome! I think MY love for the Herbie grew even more with this clip, lol

Oh behave now, you were the one that got me involved sexually to that Herbie Derpie. This amp is REALLY versatile. Throw a BB pre in front of the amp and roll back the gain and split your pickup to singlecoil and you have a really nice rock tone too. Crazy :)

Sound amazing !! Do you share presets?

Thanks! First you should check out this cab 412-GTR MIL-AB V30-EWH V3 MIX - $5.00 : OwnHammer.com - Store because the majority of that sound comes from that cab. Sharing the preset is fine, but getting the same sound exactly will be hard without the same equipment.
It will send you to the ballpark though, but you'd need to tweak from there on. I can't export the preset from my Axe FX now because we are in the middle of gigging and i don't have my axe in home, neither do i have the preset on my CPU, BUT after this weekend i can look into that :)

I always wondered what Gojira would sound like with a solid recording and now I know. Sounds great man!
That is such an huge compliment dude, i love Gojira and that feels way too good of you to say. I feel they are a lightyear away with their stuff though, pure geniouses :)

Excellent i love your tone and your style too :encouragement:
Glad of that mate! A lot of this is in my head that needs to be written down, and a lot of already has begun ;)

You should give the cabir.eu Axe-Fest Germany 2015-Diezel-Cab-Pack a try, which is loaded with G12K100 Celestions, they are also to find in the Mills Cab, as far as I know.
The oversized cab of the Diezel is perfect for the impact of the G12K100....

Just wondering - do you convert the cabs to UR or just use the normal version you get with the ownhammer download?

Also what are you using for bass?

Last edited:
You should give the cabir.eu Axe-Fest Germany 2015-Diezel-Cab-Pack a try, which is loaded with G12K100 Celestions, they are also to find in the Mills Cab, as far as I know.
The oversized cab of the Diezel is perfect for the impact of the G12K100....

Oh i totally am going to give them a shot! I need more info and audio clips too! :D

Just wondering - do you convert the cabs to UR or just use the normal version you get with the ownhammer download?
Also what are you using for bass?

I use Cab Lab to audiotion the cabs and then send it/them to my desired slot in axe-fx. I always use UR. This also because i very oftenly use 1-3 cab impulses to create an impulse to my liking, and i think that's the easiest way now.

Bass is 600€ Fender Jazz Bass Modern Player V with rotosound strings and stock pickups.
EDIT: oh and its guitarjons meshuggah bass basic patch tweaked :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom