Wish Dynamics Matching block

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
I'd imagine it's possible to have something like a multiband compressor/expander (many more frequency bands than the current multiband compressor) and have it listen to and set the frequency dynamics kinda like the tone match block?
I believe this could be used to get the feel of an amp along with tone match?

I would think it could also be useful in replicating some effects?

Of course I don't know if such a thing is possible or even worthwhile but if so I can think of uses.

Tone Matching always involves an Amp block, which takes care of dynamics.

A non-linear matching block that matches the distortion, eq (tone match) and compression would be very nice.

But... I'm thinking this wanders into Kemper land?

Still it would be great for matching dirt pedals, outboard compressors and even amps themselves.

A non-linear matching block that matches the distortion, eq (tone match) and compression would be very nice.

But... I'm thinking this wanders into Kemper land?

Still it would be great for matching dirt pedals, outboard compressors and even amps themselves.

Don't have nor desire a kemper :) but if we had a multiband compressor with say 16 or 32 bands and a way to freeze the RTA data, use it for comparison and enter some of it manually.... could be very useful.
I notice that with the III (not sure if it was in the II) it says IR capture can be viewed in the frequency OR time domain which "may" be a starting point for what I'm trying to say in the op.

Back
Top Bottom