Dynamic presence settings getting disabled?

Horganovski

Experienced
I noticed that several of my presets seemed to have lost a bit of life over the last few firmware updates so I dug around and realized that the Dynamic Depth and Dynamic Presence settings were reset to zero on all of them. Once I brought those back up I seem to be closer to the tones I was using.

I'm curious though - why does this happen? Is there a way to avoid it? Are there other settings in the amp block that typically get zeroed out during a firmware update ? Or might it be due to something in Axe Edit ?

My approach when we've had several FW updates in short order (when have we not, at this point?) is to copy an amp block in x to y and then reset the amp block in y (change the amp selected and then back to it again) and compare the two on each tab of the amp block. If you're like me and often use both x and y in your amp blocks, then maybe just save said preset to a new spot and do the comparison there... if you're needing to compare both x and y.

Thanks I guess I'll try the latter (I use X/Y a lot too). It's weird though I'm seeing the graphic eq section of the amp block resetting to flat too, just trying to figure out how/why/what gets changed on a firmware update so I can preserve my patches.

Back
Top Bottom