• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Closed Dynamic EQ Compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonedhenge54

As a violinist, I often find myself needing to dynamically tame my high mids around 3-4k for bow chops (especially on high gain sounds). Currently the only way to do this is using the multiband compressor however I don't Really need three compressors loaded up and that associated cpu hit. I think what I am after can be accomplished more efficiently with one compressor module that hits only a single selectable frequency (ideally with adjustable q). If I use the sidechain in the compressor block currently, the whole signal is compressed which is not really what I am after either.

Some popular plugins offer this feature in their eq. I am most familiar with Izotope's ecosystem so dynamic eq controls like are available in their plugins is what I am thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom