DynaFlanger: Myth and reality

If you have the settings as sysex files then it should be possible for me to send them with my Mastermind PCB6 Switcher to the Polymoon. I never did that, but today I managed to connect the Polymoon to the switcher and it received Program Change Messages. So I was able to step through all factory presets. And according to the manual the PCB6 can also send sysex instead of Program Change Messages.

I need to figure out whether the app allows me to dump sysex files onto the iPad. Easiest for both of us would be just to use the settings I have provided in the screenshot 😉

So I recreated the settings for the Dynaflanger in Polymoon Edit. I hope I got it right. Anyway it sounds pretty good. Not so extreme like the factory preset EchoFlange. It sounds very tasty. So one more time thank you very much!
Polymoon Dynaflanger.jpg

Yes, it's very subtle when played with a clean signal, but once you start adding fuzz, an Octavia or ringmod and various boosts, it can get pretty extreme, but in a good way.

The one thing I hate, though, is how the volume spikes when using negative feedback on the enveloppe down version of the Dynaflanger. I might need to look into the LVX as I believe it allows to add a compressor after the Dynaflangers?

I don’t know. If you can afford it get yourself an Eventide H90 and put it behind the Plymoon. You could also have the Polymoon in a full Stereo Loop of the H90 and it is very flexible where to put the loop. And you can try to recreate your Polymoon settings on the H90😀but I think until now your Polymoon Dynaflanger rules. I also recreated your pucking flanger with the negative Feedback. It might be Even close to the original sound, but I dont like that sound so much. Until now I never managed with any Dynaflanger Preset/Pedal a real strong Stereo Experience, but that might also be related by the fact that my computer and stuff is between me and my monitors.

I am contemplating to change my set up and replace my 2 H9s and Polymoon for the LVX and H90, but am waiting for either one to popup second hand locally. I hadn’t thought of putting the LVX (or Polymoon for that matter) in the loop of the H90. That’s actually a really good idea! I assume you can still move the loop around in the H90 (in parallel of the 2 H90 algoritms, or in series [in front, in between or add the end])?

I am contemplating to change my set up and replace my 2 H9s and Polymoon for the LVX and H90, but am waiting for either one to popup second hand locally. I hadn’t thought of putting the LVX (or Polymoon for that matter) in the loop of the H90. That’s actually a really good idea! I assume you can still move the loop around in the H90 (in parallel of the 2 H90 algoritms, or in series [in front, in between or add the end])?
Yes, anywhere you want!

Found a good deal on B-stock of both pedals, so I took the plunge… Its going to be a long wait over the weekend…

Back
Top Bottom