Dynaflanger - Dweezil and Frank Zappa?

Gonna revive an old thread to see if anyone's made any progress with this sound. Getting the "pillowy" part is proving tough.

Ya know, if you'd just kickstarted Dweezil's album you'd have this. I'm just saying... :)

Gonna revive an old thread to see if anyone's made any progress with this sound. Getting the "pillowy" part is proving tough.

Haven't seen a convincing recreation of the sound from the Axe fx. Have tried hard myself but I was never satisfied with the results either.

The patch was released when he played at Axe-Fest. Surely someone has it?

I look forward too the recording and checking out the settings in the axe fx.

Last edited:
The patch was released when he played at Axe-Fest. Surely someone has it?

I remember following that anticipated patch release closely at the time... as far as I recall, it was announced that it would be posted at some stage, but I don't think that it ever actually eventuated.

Please correct me if I'm wrong! :)

This is what I remember, too. I kept watching out for it, but it never appeared anywhere.

I remember following that anticipated patch release closely at the time... as far as I recall, it was announced that it would be posted at some stage, but I don't think that it ever actually eventuated.

Please correct me if I'm wrong! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0xkjk2ml0r3cjr/Dweezilflanger A+B.syx?dl=0

It will probably need work... the firmware it was created under is from Sept. 2012

M@ it states when the recording is released the settings will be released with current FW.
I note that might be next month question has all 300 settings Dweezil is offering been
updated too say 19 or will they be updated too 19 ?

I note Frank used 2 Dynaflangers one with envelope past it.
will it require the use of two axe fx or can it work per unit ?

M@ it states when the recording is released the settings will be released with current FW.
I note that might be next month question has all 300 settings Dweezil is offering been
updated too say 19 or will they be updated too 19 ?

I note Frank used 2 Dynaflangers one with envelope past it.
will it require the use of two axe fx or can it work per unit ?

I didn't actually get to play the patch yet, but I looked at it in Axe Edit. It seems it used 2 delays in series, with the ASDR controlling the time, which is not at all how I was guessing to set it up. So it seems like one unit can replicate the sound.

Another question for M@, I see there's a script phaser and flanger set up in front of the amp input, but neither is enabled. Are either used for the sound or are they for something else?

I didn't actually get to play the patch yet, but I looked at it in Axe Edit. It seems it used 2 delays in series, with the ASDR controlling the time, which is not at all how I was guessing to set it up. So it seems like one unit can replicate the sound.

Another question for M@, I see there's a script phaser and flanger set up in front of the amp input, but neither is enabled. Are either used for the sound or are they for something else?

I just loaded the patch and Im on 19.2 so likely the reason its not working correctly I just loaded it and cant hear anything but
that being said I dont have mfc 101 back yet and its not programmed so not sure it would make these sounds just yet..

Ie no controller to control time..

Looking forward too it myself though I think Dweezils record might be out next month
so curious if everything has been updated too 19.2 ?

I just loaded the patch and Im on 19.2 so likely the reason its not working correctly I just loaded it and cant hear anything but
that being said I dont have mfc 101 back yet and its not programmed so not sure it would make these sounds just yet..

Ie no controller to control time..

Looking forward too it myself though I think Dweezils record might be out next month
so curious if everything has been updated too 19.2 ?
the times are controlled by the ASDR so you'd only need the XP for the way. As far as the phaser and flanger being enabled in the other scenes I didn't know if that was intentional or just how it's normally defaulted to all fx on if you don't actually set the scene up. So far it sounds pretty cool, but the effect isn't as drastic as I was expecting so I'll have to play around with it some.

So, I ended up backing Dweezil's Via Zamatta album, and purchased his preset banks! He has to update the presets to quantum before he sends them out, but I will be sure to shoot the updated dynaflanger preset in this thread when I get them!!!

Back
Top Bottom