Dynacord AXM 12a FRFR...any tips/ advice

Lee Servis

Inspired
I’m hoping I could pick someone’s brains who’s familiar with the above FRFR... though I’m led to believe there aren’t that many in the US, but mainly in Europe.
I bought a brand new AX8 and Dynacord last summer and have been immensely enjoying the tones/ sounds I’ve been getting from them - both with my Strat and Les Paul.
I’ve touched/ tweaked absolutely nothing on the Dynacord (probably because of my technophobia and ‘fear’ of ‘messing up’ the current Dynacord settings... such a scaredy cat 🙀.
But I just thought I’d throw it out there and see if there are any AX8/Dynacord users who have been ‘brave’ enough to fiddle with, or tweak, their Dynacord settings to further enhance or improve their sound/ tone?
Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to (a) read this post and (b) respond to it.
Cheers.

Basically, I’m hoping I’m not missing some ‘trick(s)’ that more experienced FRFR users than myself employ in order to get the best out of their speaker and AX8.
I feel I should’ve tweaked something (must be this ever tweaking world we seem to live in, lol) as surely I can’t be getting the best out of it straight out of the box?
Thanks again to anyone who takes the time to read this.

Hi Merlin, thanks very much for responding. I shall indeed try your suggestions. Do you use a Dynacord then?
Thanks again.

It used to be my main FRFR (after some others) until I got two CLR's. But I still have and use the Dynacord, too.

I’ve only used it in the wedge position thus far (at home and only once in rehearsal studio) and never adjusted any setting since I connected it to the AX8... so will defo tryyiyr recommendations. Cheers.

I’m based in the UK so the CLRs are nigh-on impossible you get over here... so I went for the Dynacord after reading a review on the forum (maybe yours? lol).
Just out of curiosity, as you’ve used both, how highly do you rate the Dynacord? Thanks.

Merlin.. I just checked... and it was your Dynacord review on the forum that helped me decide on the Dynacord... I’m very happy with it, so thank you very much.

;-)
I like the CLR a tiny bit more soundwise, but I'd be happy with both.
I bought the CLR's at Andertons last year. They had a very good price when they were available...

Ah yes, I actually did look at the Andertons site a few months ago and it was just showing “Out Of Stock” with no indication they’d be getting any more in.
Thanks again Merlin for your time and advice.

I’d be surprised if you couldn’t get one somewhere in the US, but I think they’re a German company so mainly sell in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom