Dyna-cab versus helix versus Neural

Orvillain

Power User

So the riff aint nothing special, you may not even like the tone. But listen to how the microphone sounds when sweeping it around the cabs in each of these sims.

To me... it's pretty clear... the Fractal sounds a lot closer to the real experience of sweeping a microphone across the front of a real world speaker in a cabinet.

So the riff aint nothing special, you may not even like the tone. But listen to how the microphone sounds when sweeping it around the cabs in each of these sims.

To me... it's pretty clear... the Fractal sounds a lot closer to the real experience of sweeping a microphone across the front of a real world speaker in a cabinet.

Can you elaborate a bit more on "how"? I'm not experienced enough so I don't know what to listen for.

Can you elaborate a bit more on "how"? I'm not experienced enough so I don't know what to listen for.
When you sweep a microphone around the front of a speaker, you get huge changes in frequency response. Even a centimetre difference can drastically alter the sound. You'll notice with Helix and Neural, the tonal changes require bigger movements of the microphone, whereas with Fractal the changes occur at a much faster rate.

Equally, the far edge of the speaker tones on Helix don't quite sound right to me. Not enough low-end, and still retaining too much high-end. Whereas with Neural, the far edge tones are nearly always super hyped in the low-end, almost like they're applying additional EQ to the signal.

The Fractal sounds more realistic in this regard to me.

Back
Top Bottom