DXR 10 vs DXR 12

Geiri

Inspired
Hello everyone.

For those who have experience with both, what is to be gained with going with the 12's vs the 10's ?

Portability is not a factor, these will be in the mancave (garage) for those times when the missus is out and I need some severe volume to clean out the ear gunk :D .

I think I'm pretty much decided on the yamaha's and just want some opinion on if there is a big difference in sound, bottom end on those.

I'm using the AX8 through an audient id4 into rokit's 6.

Thanks

Geiri

I have the DXR12s and am satisfied for the price, as they are very loud and move a fair amount of air if required. I think it's a good value proposition. I just think the 10s wouldn't quite be enough juice, although I have not tried them.

I have two DXR10's and they sound really good. Definitely not lacking in juice and I usually only play with one. I couldn't imagine one wouldn't be loud enough for pretty any venue you'd need to amplify yourself (i.e. no FoH), and two is just better. Haven't tried the 12's though.

We ran a pair of DXR10s for FOH and it was loud enough to blast a small ballroom. I don't think it was necessarily the dB level as much as it was the dispersion. The 10s have a wider dispersion angle.

We had a sub because we ran them as FOH, but if it's just for guitar, no sub is necessary. Most likely you'll be cutting the lows from your presets anyway.

thanks for all your answers. I recall when I was using the eleven rack I had at home the behringer 110 monitor something and had problems with the bass. It was exaggerated compared to the monitors the presets were created on.

Desmo808, are you saying that the 10 have a wider dispersion than the 12 ?

Desmo808, are you saying that the 10 have a wider dispersion than the 12 ?
Good thing you asked, haha. Made me look it up, and according to Yamaha, the dispersion is the same. :oops: Doh.

Looks like Yamaha is using the same HF driver in the 8, 10, and 12.

I may have confused it with the QSCs or JBLs I was also considering back when I was shopping. Though in general, smaller speaker = wider angle.

Back
Top Bottom