Dweezil's Eruption Preset

Adinfinitum

Experienced
Just like to say thanks to Dweezil for posting his Eruption preset on Axechange. He really nails it. I especially love that he put in a pitch shifter to tune a standard tuned guitar down to Eb. Keep those presets coming Dweezil.

adinfinitum,

Did you also download the custom Plexi cabinet IR's that he told us he uses with it? I did and it took it to yet another whole level.

Here's the info that Dweezil originally told us about this...

dweezil zappa said:
Hello FF's,
On the advice of a fellow Axe Effects user I tried some custom cab impulses on the Eruption preset. It made a huge difference. Thanks!!!

I was able to remove a lot of EQ which drastically improved the playability and made it possible for more different guitars to translate more accurately.

The impulses I used are within the files Cliff uploaded a while back. I don't know where the link is... sorry. I'm sure it's findable on the forum though - I found it. The impulses I used are in the Plexi folder. There are only 2 in there so that makes it easy.

Cabinet 1 uses Marshall Plexi sm57 and Cabinet 2 uses Marshall Plexi sm57 off axis.

I definitely recommend downloading those impulses to properly hear this preset.

This is the link for those cabinet IR's that Dweezil is referring to:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1907&hilit=IR+collection

These may or may not be what you were looking for.....

Attachments

• D Zappa Euruption.syx
    2 KB · Views: 74
  • Euruption DZ version.syx
    2 KB · Views: 57
  • Marshall Plexi SM57 off Axis.syx
    8 KB · Views: 53
  • Marshall Plexi SM57.syx
    8 KB · Views: 51
Axe-Fx Ultra/Standard presets are not compatible with the Axe-FX II.

The Cab IR's used by the Axe-Fx Ultra/Standard can probably converted to Axe-Fx II IR's using a combination of two programs which were available via the Fractal Audio forum, "Axeomatic" and "JoJos_Sysex_IR-Converter". (I've used both of these to convert from freely available Axe-FX II cab IR's to Axe-Fx Ultra/Standard cab IR's, and it is probable you can convert back the other way if you really wanted to).

Back
Top Bottom