Dweezil's Eruption and Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Wow,he did a great job! But the sound is very thin! No low end! Eddie's tone was bright, but he had a good amount of low end!

I don't think a board recording has anything to do with it...an overly bright/thin tone. I've taken captures of my mic'd guitar amps in a live setting like so and been both successful and unsuccessful. Ultimately it was on me and my tone crafting

No one can play it like Eddie back in the day, not even Pete, which agreed with steadystate, is the best rendition out there currently!

Ed's performance on the glory days was about energy and pouring everything you had into a performance. In this clip you can see the audience reaction, or lack thereof.

I don't know... I think it's more of we all have heard it played so many times and done be so many people including are selves that it's become like Stairway to Heaven, over played to the point of Please Don't play that song or I will have to ask you to leave!

Meh. Adam Cook had better VH tone. Maybe I'm just sick of Eruption. Pete Thorn is the only guy I've heard who plays it correctly.

Just for the record, You do it pretty sick for a guy that's done it thousands of times and is sick of it.:eagerness: And your Ultra patch was baaaadass!

I don't know... I think it's more of we all have heard it played so many times and done be so many people including are selves that it's become like Stairway to Heaven, over played to the point of Please Don't play that song or I will have to ask you to leave!

I've felt exactly the same way for a number of years. But in the early 2000's, I played with an original band that once they found out I could play it, kept wanting to use it in shows. This is indie Lincoln Park in Chicago, and an all original band/show/venue. Shred was not something people did, so I was always kind of embarrassed to play it. For those of us who grew up with it, it was the benchmark- 25-30 years ago. But even ten years ago, it seemed just old. However, whenever I played Eruption, it always got this overwhelming response. Especially at the descending tapping part, everytime. I can play it, but I always felt that the crowds response had more to do with the song, and less to do with me.

Back
Top Bottom