DWEEZILLA 2013 (Axe-Fest East?)

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Dweezilla - Dweezil Zappa World

If you want to drive your playing to the next level (and also have access to some great Fractal insiders) check out Dweezilla 2013 to be held July 1-5 at the Full Moon Resort in Big Indian, New York. (If you sign up and tell them you heard about it here on the Fractal Forum I'll owe you a beer :) Instructors at this guitargiastic event include Fractal Artists Dweezil Zappa, Tom Quayle, Chris Buono, David Wallimann, Derryl Gabel, James Santiago and yours truly, Matt Picone. In fact, Dweezil and I will run some intense sessions to give the event a kind of Axe-Fest East vibe... I'll take private sessions too, for those who want some one-on-one time to dig deep into their own rigs (or the one I'll have on hand). There has been talk of Cliff or other Fractal Staffers making appearances, but the details still need to be worked out on that.

From the official announcement:
Dweezilla 2013 will be a guitar course only this year. It will be the most intense course to date including study groups divided into students of similar skill levels. The goal is to give all of the guitarists information specifically tailored for each skill level group in order to be more comprehensive. Dweezil will be teaching more and in smaller groups. Not only that, he has invited some special guitar friends to do some finger twisting teaching as well. There will be more focus on tone workshops and technique as well as theory and improvisational strategies. A planned guitar summit will be the culmination of the camp. Imagine an environment where even the teachers are excited to be there to learn from fellow guitarists. Stay tuned for the announcement about the special guest teachers!

Dweezilla - Dweezil Zappa World

We hadn't planned one, Scott, but it might still be possible.
Maybe we'll get the tuition waived for a random registrant who is also a member of this forum.
Let me check with Cliff, Dweezil, and Amy at the full moon to see if this will fly.

From beginner. The point is that wherever you begin, you get the chance to fast-track your growth, with teachers and activities dedicated to every group/level.

This is best thing! I have been to every Dweezilla, and this one will have more Fractal emphasis than ever, and more guitar emphasis too! AXE FX II Lessons with Matt alone is worth trip for me! As I look back over 4 years ago and what I thought I "knew" about guitar playing, music theory, tone, and the AXE FX versus today, had to say have at least quadrupled my knowledge, well worth it and forever indebted to Dweezil and Matt for making this happen!

Last edited:
I live pretty nearby, but won't be attending. However, if anyone wants to drop by the house for a hang, I'll be happy to cook you dinner. Bring a suit: we've got a hot tub. Margaritas are optional. This is an open invitation to one and all in the AXE community. PM me if you wanna come over.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm really excited about going and meeting everyone. Also, the EP that we are working on is turning out really well and I think you all will be very pleased with the result. It's an honor to play and work with this great group of musicians. I only wish I could clone myself so that I could attend all the classes.

Hi everyone! I live pretty nearby, but won't be attending. However, if anyone wants to drop by the house for a hang, I'll be happy to cook you dinner.

I am going to the Full Moon resort on Monday for a week with the amazing Richard Thompson.
It seem like a great place, wish I could afford to go to the DZ week as well.

Back
Top Bottom