Dweezil Zappa violin sound

Dweezil has been been refining his violin sound on Axe for years, I think this latest III iteration depends heavily on the sustainer pickup on that LP...may be @Admin M@ can get him to share..but there are some earlier ones floating around here and the Axechange...I’ll check. If I have anything shareable.

Thanks a million, man! I had look around but couldn't find anything for the III.

I can imagine it's taken a while to perfect. It's amazing. And the sustainer makes total sense, now you mention it, with the slightly slower attack...

here's one that's pretty good, can't remember who did it, but I'm pretty sure it is not a commercial preset I shouldn't share, so enjoy.
To be clear , this is NOT a Dweezil preset I posted, but one made by another forum member who I cannot remembe
Also , put the word Violin in the search field on this forum, and you will get a bunch a stuff......

here's one that's pretty good, can't remember who did it, but I'm pretty sure it is not a commercial preset I shouldn't share, so enjoy.

Used this preset just last weekend. Got positive comments, and numerous questions. Thanks again to the originator of this preset!

One thing I'll say about this is that Dweezil worked really hard to perfect that style of vibrato and glissando, which is a big part of the effect.
i know DZ has fretless guitars in his stable, but i dont remember him ever whipping one out live, bet it would be bitchen with the violin patch...

Back
Top Bottom