Dweezil Zappa presets posted on Axechange!

Patches sound really good. I was able to mold the EJ patch into something a little closer for my guitar.

I don't know about the rest of you but now I'm ready for some Zappa patches. Both Dweezil and Frank.

I'd swoon over a good Zoot Allures or Willie The Pimp patch. All those cool stereo sounds Frank got by using two amps...I've been playing with that sort of thing from day one. I'd love to see what Dweezil does having the inside knowledge he has of his gear.

Hello FF's,
I posted another patch. Completely different than the others. I was messing around with the Synth module and this is what I came up with.

Regards, DZ

Thanks for posting those Dweezil!
Hope to see some Zappa plays Zappa presets sometime too.
By the way your "Confessions" record is one of my most listened to ever :D

Thanks alot Dweezil,

It's really cool to have you on this board with your contribution !

Keep on AxeFx'ing !

Claude

:?: A Question to any and all:

I have a Standard- is there any way I can modify the Zappa and other Ultra uploads so that
they will be heard in my (our) Standard rig(s) ?

My thanks for all or your time and attention- fab bunch of contributors on this forum ! :D

Cheers,

Joel in Sarasota, Florida

joeltc1 said:

I have a Standard- is there any way I can modify the Zappa and other Ultra uploads so that

My thanks for all or your time and attention- fab bunch of contributors on this forum ! :D

Cheers,

Yes, just remove the effects that ultra doesnt have. It will make the patches sound different. And that willl make some useless on the standard. If there are not effects that the standard doesn't have it will work perfectly.

joeltc1 said:

Cheers,

I don't know if you'll be hearing what's intended though. The VH patch is processor intensive. It's a good example of why I keep some drives and my trusty wah around.

joeltc1 said:

Cheers,

I haven't tried it yet, but the EJ patch should work on a standard

Just an FYI. As was mentioned in another forun. These patch are for stereo rigs, the will not sound as intended on a mono setup. That is all... :D

javajunkie said:
Just an FYI. As was mentioned in another forun. These patch are for stereo rigs, the will not sound as intended on a mono setup. That is all... :D
Yeah, as I discovered... (see my other thread about my wife who is now upset with Dweezil)

You *can* convert these patches to mono, but it's just not the same...

stevorc321 said:
I haven't tried it yet, but the EJ patch should work on a standard
No it don't, I had to remove the delay to make it work.
I would like to know how standard users have tweaked the VH patch, without the MBC. Myself, I loaded the Ultra firmware on the editor, copied the MBC settings on notepad, and I'm going to reproduce them with a VST multicomp, probably waves C4, on my DAW. Then I'll process a sample of my "standard version" of the patch with it, to hear what happens. next step will be tryind to match it as close as possible with another equalizer in the original patch. Of course, it won't sound the same, I know what multicomps do, but whatever…

Saturday I played Eruption live with Dweezil's patch (it was also my first Axe-Fx gig :D ), I have a Standard, so I removed the compressor and added an EQ to fit with my equipment.
Our PA is not so good, but the audience was... most people thought that I improvised this solo...
BTW when I finished playing eruption I was really exited, first time at high volumes, first time in a stereo environment, and my bandmates faces were like :eek:

Thank you Dweezil!!! :twisted:

Hello FF's,
I'm glad you're all enjoying the presets. I added a few more. I wanted to try making some "vintage" tones. Once again the AXE Effects rises to the occasion.

I'm getting ready for a tour so I won't be posting much more for a while.

I hope you all enjoy the new Presets. My favorite is the "Alright Now" rhythm sound.

Enjoy, DZ

dweezil zappa said:
Hello FF's,
I'm glad you're all enjoying the presets. I added a few more. I wanted to try making some "vintage" tones. Once again the AXE Effects rises to the occasion.

I hope you all enjoy the new Presets. My favorite is the "Alright Now" rhythm sound.

Enjoy, DZ

Many thanks Dweezil. I really enjoyed the Van Halen patches. Can't wait to get back from work and try those new patches.

I hope I can see the show in the netherlands or belgium. really enjoyed the previous 2 times you came to belgium.

dweezil zappa said:
Hello FF's,

Enjoy, DZ

Thanks!

Hello FF's,
I just realized I posted the wrong Alright Now rhythm preset. I have uploaded the Correct Version. The first is very good and useful as a different flavor. It doesn't have the wah filter on it that I eventually used to get the mids right.

Enjoy.

DZ

Are you typing the www. in front of the address? Omitting that doesn't work.

when I'm not logged in I can browse the Axechange presets, but the search doesn't seem to give results. When I'm logged in it does.
However, it doesn't search for preset's authors field. Tried searching for "Zappa" on the presets page and it just returns to the list, while searching for "DZ" does give 5 results.

Dweezil, Thanks a million! Your patches are very cool! I cannot get over how the 3rd version of the Eruption / VH patch with those plexi IR's is absolutely SPOT ON! That's the closest I've ever sounded to old Van Halen in all of my years of trying to dial in that tone.

Everyone else,

Xrocker said:
Anyone else having problems with Axechange? I can log in but I can't search for any patches.

Dutch said:
Are you typing the www. in front of the address? Omitting that doesn't work.

when I'm not logged in I can browse the Axechange presets, but the search doesn't seem to give results. When I'm logged in it does.
However, it doesn't search for preset's authors field. Tried searching for "Zappa" on the presets page and it just returns to the list, while searching for "DZ" does give 5 results.

When I go to Axechange these days, the only way for me to find all submissions by a certain person is to scroll through every page of the master list of all submitted patches. Here's how I found all (I think?) of Dweezil's patches so far...

Go to http://www.axechange.net. Click on Presets. Look for anything under the "Author" column listed as "D Zappa". Scroll through each page. Fortunately, they seem to be listed in reverse chronological order (the newest ones are first), so you shouldn't have to look to far.

Back
Top Bottom