DWEEZIL ZAPPA NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!!!

bradlake

Axe-Master
As you may be aware, the last few months have been quite difficult for uber-Fractal Artist Dweezil Zappa...the conflict between the younger Zappa Siblings Ahmet and Diva ( who now, for whatever bizarre reason, now administrate the Zappa Family Trust) and DZ and Moon, has become increasingly contentious and, now litigious, the latest development being an attempt to trademark the name Zappa, making it difficult at best for Dweezil to tour his amazing band that features his fathers compositions without legal complications. He has just announced a Pledge Music campaign to raise funds to battle this absurdity in court. If you are interested in learning more, here is the link......

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/othersofintention

Last edited:
I'm in. Absolutely ridiculous to not be able to use your own name and to have your own family fighting you has to be heartbreaking. Best of luck to this great musician.

I'm sure Frank did not expect this behavior from his offspring and is f%^&ing p.o. rolling in his grave...What an utter disappointment the younger ones have proven to be. Gale must be rolling around too...I just hope the younger ones will be successful in extracting the blood money, because after the dust settles, there won't be anything left for them, in their absent public lives...

As you can tell, I am really pissed off to hear about this ongoing waste of FZ's amazing legacy.

Jean, a.k.a DukeOfPrunes.

What’s really sad is something like that has to be entertained in court; it’s his name from birth, done!

It’s not like he is trying to pretend to be “Frank Zappa” or something like that.

The only thing this will do is keep some attorneys on both sides of the fence happy, as far as their yearly income. I’m sure it will be dragged out in something that should not be entertained in court at all.

Personally: the name “Dweezil” is so unique maybe he should consider touring on his first name alone??

What’s really sad is something like that has to be entertained in court; it’s his name from birth, done!

It’s not like he is trying to pretend to be “Frank Zappa” or something like that.

The only thing this will do is keep some attorneys on both sides of the fence happy, as far as their yearly income. I’m sure it will be dragged out in something that should not be entertained in court at all.

Personally: the name “Dweezil” is so unique maybe he should consider touring on his first name alone??

I fully agree. He could probably use the name Dweezil and carry on. I think he is just fighting this on principle, since he has earned the right to do it, with all the hard work learning the extensive FZ catalogue, unlike the young ones, who have done S.F.A.

As you may be aware, the last few months have been quite difficult for uber-Fractal Artist Dweezil Zappa...the conflict between the younger Zappa Siblings Ahmet and Diva ( who now, for whatever bizarre reason, now administrate the Zappa Family Trust) and DZ and Moon, has become increasingly contentious and, now litigious, the latest development being an attempt to trademark the name Zappa, making it difficult at best for Dweezil to tour his amazing band that features his fathers compositions without legal complications. He has just announced a Pledge Music campaign to raise funds to battle this absurdity in court. If you are interested in learning more, here is the link......

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/othersofintention

Back
Top Bottom