Dweezil makes me proud!

6L6C

Power User
Seen Dweezil last night at the Brookhaven Amphitheater, (Selden Long Island). First time seeing him live he played for about an hour, had a smoking tone & effects and in back of him a couple of small racks with his two Ultras in the middle of the whole thing, and some stomp boxes.

Found out a little later that after the set he was off to the side shaking a few hands and doing s few signatures wish I had seen him would have liked to tell him three things.
Awesome set
Amazing band !!!!!
And made me proud to be an Axe Fx owner.

After seeing him it is so clear he knows the Axe Fx inside and out, fantastic tones that just matched the music so beautifully.

I agree Dweezil got some great tones out of the Axefx Ultras live. I would love for him to share a few of those presets with us after the tour is over.... hint hint. ;)

Thanks guys,
I'm glad you enjoyed the shows and the tones. I'll be sharing more patches somewhere down the road.

A lot of my sounds are made using a combination of 2 Fractals so they won't really translate to single units. I do have some that will though.

I'm looking forward to spending some more time with the latest firmware update. The drive pedals do sound better.

One thing my friend Matman and I tried the other day was to place 2 Hard Fuzzes in series both with the new op amp selected. They were not set with the same gain or tone settings. You can get great analog sounding fuzz and massive sustain with that set up. I used them in front of a Plexi that had a a small amount of gain on it already. By messing with the bias a bit you get some interesting attack details. This tone also works particularly well with your guitar's tone control rolled back 50%.

Playing with a wah also adds another dimension. Try it, you might like it.

Regards, DZ

dweezil zappa said:
A lot of my sounds are made using a combination of 2 Fractals so they won't really translate to single units. I do have some that will though.
Since I have to. i would love to see how a few of your presets look/sound using the dual combo. ;)

dweezil zappa said:

So DZ, Do you have to run two editors for your patches? ;)

Axisman5150 said:
dweezil zappa said:

So DZ, Do you have to run two editors for your patches? ;)

As Dweezil is an OT (Original Tweaker = been tweaking stuff for +20 years) it's actually slower to use the editor than the Axe itself. :D

Hello Axisman,
I actually don't use the editor much at the moment because I haven't found it to be very reliable so far. I don't have a lot of time to tweak things out on the road.

It's an interesting question about whether or not I would need 2 editors operating at the same time to tweak my setup in real time. I'll have to investigate that. When I eventually use the editor.

As our friend from Sweden mentioned, it's much faster and more reliable to just use the unit.

DZ

I was just jokin' with ya bro. :)

I'm the same, as far as tweaking on the Axe as opposed to the editor it just seams faster for me as well, Although I like the editor.

Look forward to checking out your patches when you get a chance, though.

Continued success on your tour!!

Axisman5150 said:
I was just jokin' with ya bro. :)

You might have been joking but it (appears) to work fine. Just open up two instances of the program and give the second one a different midi port. I don’t have two units to give it the real world test but which ever midi port I hooked up to the unit, it responded fine.

BTW: Just installed this editor today (Axe-Edit_Setup_0_8_266_BETA) and really liking it allot. Responds allot faster and seems way more stable slightly different navigating, but all positives!!

AxeEdx2.jpg

AxeEdx2settings.jpg

dweezil zappa said:
Thanks guys,
I'm glad you enjoyed the shows and the tones. I'll be sharing more patches somewhere down the road.

I'm looking forward to spending some more time with the latest firmware update. The drive pedals do sound better.

One thing my friend Matman and I tried the other day was to place 2 Hard Fuzzes in series both with the new op amp selected. They were not set with the same gain or tone settings. You can get great analog sounding fuzz and massive sustain with that set up. I used them in front of a Plexi that had a a small amount of gain on it already. By messing with the bias a bit you get some interesting attack details. This tone also works particularly well with your guitar's tone control rolled back 50%.

Playing with a wah also adds another dimension. Try it, you might like it.

Regards, DZ

Interesting comments Dweezil; I'm curious as to what your running the Ultra through for monitoring onstage? Are you still using the Marshall Plexi SM57 off Axis.syx and Marshall Plexi SM57.syx cabinet IR's for your patches?

Dweezil, you should be very proud of the job you guys are doing with ZpZ. I have had the pleasure of seing the show three times now with each singer (in Akron, Ohio and in Columbus, Ohio twice) and I have to say that I enjoyed your guitar tones the most on the current tour with the Axe-Fx. After hearing your tones live with the Axe, I bought an Axe-FX. Thanks for sharing patches, and keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom