Dweezil in Denver last night

javajunkie

I got to see Dweezil Zappa play last night with his newly configured rig. It sounded absolutely awesome. He was playing his Les Paul (instead of the SG) most of the night. The tones were thick and meaty. It is the best I've heard his tone. He had 4 atomics on stage (he said they were turned down pretty low). He had some awesome effects laden patches going. His cello/violin patch was awesome. I still am blown away how cleanly and fast he can play the synth on the axe-fx w/o any glitches.

A lot of new songs. The rest of the band sounded great other than the sound man had way too much low-end on the bass. The musicianship was outstanding(as usually). Their new keyboard player is really good. It is alway great to see them.

I am curious about how his violin/cello patch is so creamy smooth. Maybe he can give us some insight. ;)

GuitarDojo said:
I am curious about how his violin/cello patch is so creamy smooth. Maybe he can give us some insight. ;)

It is his playing. He said that some other noted players have tried his patch and it was not easy for them to get a glitchless sound out of it. He said that he has a light touch and that probably has a lot to do with it.

Didn't he just get a custom sig model PRS? Interesting that he was playing a Les Paul instead of the PRS.

AdamCook said:
Didn't he just get a custom sig model PRS? Interesting that he was playing a Les Paul instead of the PRS.

He played his PRS hollowbody for a couple of songs as well as his strat and the SG for a song or 2.

javajunkie said:
I got to see Dweezil Zappa play last night with his newly configured rig. It sounded absolutely awesome. He was playing his Les Paul (instead of the SG) most of the night. The tones were thick and meaty. It is the best I've heard his tone. He had 4 atomics on stage (he said they were turned down pretty low). He had some awesome effects laden patches going. His cello/violin patch was awesome. I still am blown away how cleanly and fast he can play the synth on the axe-fx w/o any glitches.

A lot of new songs. The rest of the band sounded great other than the sound man had way too much low-end on the bass. The musicianship was outstanding(as usually). Their new keyboard player is really good. It is alway great to see them.

Where'd they play? Filmore? Paramount? I miss the venues in Denver... :cry:

Thanks for inviting me.... just kidding.

Next time he comes, let's get a few people together. Always fun to do stuff like that.

Fatang said:
javajunkie said:

Where'd they play? Filmore? Paramount? I miss the venues in Denver... :cry:

Paramount.

solo-act said:
Thanks for inviting me.... just kidding.

Next time he comes, let's get a few people together. Always fun to do stuff like that.

Sound good. We could all wear fractal tshirts and hats :D
The Fractal Contingent !

Cliff should send out T-Shirts to all who have purchased from FAS. The community would be great at promoting our beloved Axe-Fx.

If you need a connection for doing shirts Cliff... PM me. I have a good friend that does great work.

cobbler said:
Cliff should send out T-Shirts to all who have purchased from FAS. The community would be great at promoting our beloved Axe-Fx.

If you need a connection for doing shirts Cliff... PM me. I have a good friend that does great work.

And a ball cap too for us older geezers ;-)

And, it would help to have a simpler URL for website....no telling how many folks have asked me about the AxeFX, I tell them to go to fractalaudio.com and they're like "duh...."

cobbler said:

And a ball cap too for us older geezers ;-)

And, it would help to have a simpler URL for website....no telling how many folks have asked me about the AxeFX, I tell them to go to fractalaudio.com and they're like "huh....?"

Back
Top Bottom