Dweezil great show (again), and purchase help!!

6L6C

Power User
Well, seen Dweezil last night at Westbury, NY another great show. No opening act which was real good in my book. The reason I feel that way is there is just such an extensive catalog of Zappa music it allows them to dig a little deeper. The band always blows me away, buts hats off also to the sound guys also! The venue has a round stage that sits in the center and the stage also rotates and that includes their equipment, I have seen many shows at this place and sometimes I find the sound a little odd as the band/and gear, are rotating. But not last night! There were also some young fans there last night the one guy said he was 19, I believe. Long story short the guy played guitar, Dweezil asked if he could play in “C” next thing you know the kid was up on stage and Dweezil handed over his Les Paul and the guy jammed with the band as Dweezil manned the wah wah pedal. The guy did an excellent job, a very fun filled and light moment in the show. On a personal note, the guy started to get a little animated with that xxxx thousand dollar Les Paul in his hands, it was a tight stage and I was starting to picture bad things, (but they never happened).

So how does Dweezil make me feel better about a future purchase??
I have been looking at the Atomic stuff for some time, also just purchased the Atomic MB50 and running it through my Mesa recto 2x12 and I love it, how can it get better? Well it can get better if I start using the cabinet sims. So I am on the waiting list for an Atomic passive cab. I’m sold from some videos but still have not seen the real thing in person, till last night.
I was sitting about 25 feet away from Dweezil’s Atomic cabs pretty much dead center when the stage was in its starting/ending position. Allot of you are thinking “still can’t judge gear like that in a live setting” and you would be right. But it was enough between the guitar tech doing a quick check and certain parts of certain songs and the position of the stage. It filled in all of the gaps that YouTube videos had left out for me. Really impressed! Just as organic sounding as the other guitar player Jamie Kime who was using real tube amps. So my purchase of “I feel good about this but if not for me, just sell it later” -- went to -- “I have to have it NOWWWWW”.

John

Back
Top Bottom