Dweezil and the III(s) (NOT- YET--but still the best)

Saw them last night. We had VIP tickets so we got to watch soundcheck. It looked like Dweezil was using the same fundamental rig he's been using for a few tours now - a pair of Axe II's, four K12s, and a bunch of different drive and "other" pedals. The Roxie he was using had a sustainer and a piezo. During soundcheck he was tweaking the Axe II for Zoot Allures - the blend of the piezo in that was really cool.

Tomorrow (friday) the Choice Cuts (most appropriate name, setlist is awesome) tour comes to chicago
in one o my favorite venues, The Vic, right in my hood, and one of the best sounding rock venues
when the mix is right, and Dweezils waves/fractal PA rig is certainly that! Miss this at your extreme risk....

I've done a lot of Dweezils programming when he's in town in LA during rehearsals over the last few years. We've spent countless hours together getting his sounds right. He has a III and has come up with great sounds on it but he's still using his main touring rigs (With AxeFXIIs) for the upcoming tours. He's been a pleasure to work with, one of the hardest working guys in showbiz and of course a phenomenal musician. Once he/we find the time, I'm sure the presets will be ported over.

The main challenge is he is basically running 4 separate signal paths across 2 axefx units (+ a host of Pedals, Eventide H9s, Fuzz pedals, etc etc). Condensing that down into one unit is totally possible, but between tours and all the other work he does, it can be challenging lining up schedules.

Back
Top Bottom