Dweezil and the III(s) (NOT- YET--but still the best)

bradlake

Axe-Master
there can be little doubt that Dweezil had to have been amongst the first to receive the AxeFX III.....but it remains to be seen if He has incorporated it (them ?) into his touring rig...
the Fall leg of the Choice Cuts tour begins tomorrow in Ft Lauderdale.... any guessesor insights to what I will see on stage then....(and if you havent seen his stellar band live yet....shame on you. dates here....
www.dweezilzappa.com

I saw an interview with him a while back where he said he thought he'd be able to do everything with one Axe FXIII that he'd been using two Axe FXII's to do, but he wasn't able to do it. He said he ran out of CPU on the Axe FXIII. So he'd still using two Axe FXII's live. Maybe that has changed by now. My guess is that maybe by now is using two Axe FXIII's live.

I saw an interview with him a while back where he said he thought he'd be able to do everything with one Axe FXIII that he'd been using two Axe FXII's to do, but he wasn't able to do it. He said he ran out of CPU on the Axe FXIII. So he'd still using two Axe FXII's live. Maybe that has changed by now. My guess is that maybe by now is using two Axe FXIII's live.
My guess as well...we will know tomorrow.

Didn’t know he was going to be in Ft Lauderdale... hitting up the Mai Kai and then Dweezil would make for a nice little road trip...

I would guess he will for sure have III(s) at some point, or maybe a III plus Ax8, but, I think it’s an issue of time to set it all up.

I’ve had my III for a while and still don’t have even half of my II stuff transferred over. Spend more time messing with new features etc. He had more time to devote to it, but still, fully loading up a III, rethinking patches, routings, channels etc, is a daunting tasks. Just don’t know if he really would of gotten all the kinks worked out to fully take advantage of the unit as the type of power user he is.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see one, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks with what works for the time being and then dives into the III when touring is over

Didn’t know he was going to be in Ft Lauderdale... hitting up the Mai Kai and then Dweezil would make for a nice little road trip...

I would guess he will for sure have III(s) at some point, or maybe a III plus Ax8, but, I think it’s an issue of time to set it all up.

I’ve had my III for a while and still don’t have even half of my II stuff transferred over. Spend more time messing with new features etc. He had more time to devote to it, but still, fully loading up a III, rethinking patches, routings, channels etc, is a daunting tasks. Just don’t know if he really would of gotten all the kinks worked out to fully take advantage of the unit as the type of power user he is.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see one, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks with what works for the time being and then dives into the III when touring is over
Mmmmmm... Mai Kai...didn’t know it was still there........If I didn’t have a stent put in my heart yesterday, I’d be all in for a slab of their awesome ribs!...PM me if you decide to come tomorrow, would love to meet you......
On the subject, DZ has had several months off the road to set up a III rig...and he has been known to
Have some help in That area ...but @Admin M@ ain’t talkin.

Just thinking about how much time they've spent tweaking every sound to be perfect on those IIs. Making the leap to IIIs is not all about the processing power. III doesn't have preset-cab bundle support yet so you can't transfer the sounds from the IIs to IIIs. Most likely the biggest reason for the lack of IIIs.

The band just keeps getting better and digging deeper into Franks incredibly large catalog..really challenging themselves with some of the new arrangements...

Back
Top Bottom