Dust question & Pick attack

Hello guys, I'm pretty new to the forum, I have a couple of questions very quick:

1) Since the Axe fx 3 is open on the sides to dissipate heat better, do you guys open it and clean it regurarely? Like a tower pc with fan for example. I keep it in my rack case and never really checked for dust or dirt.

2) The axe fx 3 does not have the Pick attack parameter, a parameter i did use quiet a lot on my old axe fx 2, any thought on bringing it back again? Anything similar on the 3?
Thank you

1) Since the Axe fx 3 is open on the sides to dissipate heat better, do you guys open it and clean it regurarely? Like a tower pc with fan for example. I keep it in my rack case and never really checked for dust or dirt.

Only FAS can answer if this is recommended/required, but my guess is no. The fan on the unit is not used to pull outside air through but circulate within the unit, thus much less dust is expected to be pulled in. And because the holes are on the sides, dust falling into it is also limited.

Only FAS can answer if this is recommended/required, but my guess is no. The fan on the unit is not used to pull outside air through but circulate within the unit, thus much less dust is expected to be pulled in. And because the holes are on the sides, dust falling into it is also limited.
I was hoping for one administrator to answer that indeed.
I can see your point but creating an air flow in an open environment will always, always create an intake and an exhaust for the air; so a little bit of air and dust will always come in, and through time might be an issue. But that is just my guess, I was honestly a bit surprised when i got it, saw the openings and realised there were no dust filters around.
Anyway only Fractal audio people can really answer this question

I was hoping for one administrator to answer that indeed.
I can see your point but creating an air flow in an open environment will always, always create an intake and an exhaust for the air; so a little bit of air and dust will always come in, and through time might be an issue. But that is just my guess, I was honestly a bit surprised when i got it, saw the openings and realised there were no dust filters around.
Anyway only Fractal audio people can really answer this question
I've been a very active forum member here for over 6 years and owned the Axe Fx II mkII, the Axe Fx II XL+ and now the Axe Fx III. I've never seen anyone mention cleaning or needing to clean the interior of the unit.

Yeah I've had an axe fx 2 too, the case was complitely closed, If you look to your axe fx3, the sides have holes to let air through

Back
Top Bottom