Durable Headphones for Tracking?

Genghis

Power User
I have about 4 sets of decent headphones, but I'm looking for a different type of headphone advice. Any recommendations on durable headphones that won't start to deteriorate from sweat? I'm playing more drums lately, and often practice with headphones, and I would like to save the earpieces on my good sets for more important tasks. (I wear them out fast enough anyway.)

Anyone have good ideas on this? Decent sound would be good, but I already have the critical listening down with my other cans. Just want something that won't wear down in a month when I'm beating on the drums and working up a sweat.

Thanks

I've been using the same set of Shure SRH440's for 10 years with no problems. The leather muffs are cracking a bit but not falling apart, and they're cheap to replace. Closed back, removable cord, no head squeezing (for me at least). For acoustic drums I like to use IEM's with gun ear muffs over them. The reduction is just insane, no numbers but real time monitoring my drums with this setup, I can't hear (but feel) the drums in the room at all! Even better, this method is cheap!

My Senn HD280 Pros are over a decade old now. Pads have been replaced once and that’s it.

Cool some good ones to check out. One of my sets is Blue Mo-fis. Big plus on sound quality and one of my best sets of cans in that regard, but not good for sweating and playing drums. Will review those others too.

My kit is electronic, so not so concerned with muffling the acoustic sounds, just something with adequate sound and decent earpads that will last.

I gave up on Sony's years ago because I was spending more time replacing the pads than using them and that was only for tracking guitars and vocals, and sometimes late night apartment mixing.

Back
Top Bottom