Duplicate CA3+ sims w/6L6 & EL-34 Power option ...?

a duplicate set of CA3+Rhy & CA3+LD sims w/an EL-34 Power Amp section

• Total voters

R.D.

Power User
There’s been a lot of talk the last couple of days about the CA3+Rhy & CA3+LD ….

Quite a few of us would prefer a more “Marshal-ly” power amp section, instead of the MESA 2:90 that Cliff originally modelled.

I missed the forum threads where Cliff specifically said he couldn’t or wouldn’t separate the Pre-Amp / Power-Amp with an efx loop option ( that’s understandable if it were to make the Axe easier to reverse engineer ) ….

And evidently he’s also said he can’t provide an option ( ie; a switch like the “bright or boost”, for either Power Amp ) within the sim ….

I guess that leads to my question(s) ….

Thanks for voting !

Hell YES! :mrgreen: Definitly on board with this one!

The CAE preamp was designed with a Marshall power amp ( the power section of a plexi/JMP to be exact, but a JCM800 would also work ), so I think it would only be fair to have that too :cool:

If the Marshall poweramp is such a good match for the CAE, then just change it to use that. We don't need more of the same amp models IMO.

laxu said:
If the Marshall poweramp is such a good match for the CAE, then just change it to use that. We don't need more of the same amp models IMO.

I DON'T disagree with you at all :!: But I thought there were a bunch of people out here that like it the way it is and didn't want it changed :?:

That's why I phrased the question the way I did ....

laxu said:

The CAE with a Boogie 290 compared to with a Marshall poweramp are 2 completely different sounds. I'd rather have it changed and couldn't be happier, but I know some like it like it is. Hence the suggestions. Again, if you ask me, change it to a Marshall and be done with it! :mrgreen:

The CAE has been so HUGE in my world that I can only support the wish :!:

Not having a menu dropdown with Boogie / Marshall / VHT ... power amps is the only disadvantage I'm mentioning to potential Axe-FX customers, so I'm dreaming that one day Cliff will have the epiphanies to safely incorporate this :cool:

If not, I too believe the CAE is huge enough to make other versions with Marshall (and VHT?)
But I also understand how it could become a mess like this :cry:
Even I wouldn't want this to happen to many other "magic combinations" (more so because I don't know them :mrgreen: )

217 views and only 26 votes ?!?

C'mon boys .... Vote it up if you really want it !

TX -

Making Cae3+ with 2 different poweramp make reverse engineering as easy as selectable El34/6L6.

Smilzo said:
Making Cae3+ with 2 different poweramp make reverse engineering as easy as selectable El34/6L6.

Nope, not at all. Not even close. You can already turn off the poweramp in the amp block. Having 2 different amp models with same preamp and different poweramps is no worse than that.

ALLRIGHT Alexander ... !

Way to bring a thread back from the dead ! :)

This was way back beofre the II was released, but I'd STILL love to have a CAE 3+SE with an EL-34 Power Section !

BTW - Cliff, this might preclude you from having to model a CAA PT-100 ?

I voted yes on this, but I must qualify my response.
Firstly, this is all a moot point, as Standard/Ultra owners know, there won't be any more updates anyway.
Secondly, I run my Ultra into a VHT 2/50/2 (EL34) power amp, and leave the axe amp sims ON, so effectively with the CAE, I'm hearing the Mesa 2:90 and then the VHT. This method will no doubt be way off the intended sound, but it is what it is. Nevertheless, it would be nice to hear the difference between the two and make an informed descision.

Back
Top Bottom