Duplicate blocks within a preset

strat714

Experienced
I'm trying to set up an amp as well as out to FOH. When creating a dual chain preset as in figure 3.2 on pg.22 of the manual states "Duplicates of effects which follow the amp in the direct chain follow." Is it possible to create duplicate blocks within a preset without AxeEdit ???

That figure / explanation is not commonly used. Use this grid instead:

in - [effects and amp blocks] - [fxl block] - [cab block] - out

The FXL block steers the signal to OUT2 (connected to your amp). Because that;s doen before the signal reaches the Cab block, there's no cab simulation.

The signal also flows right through FXL to the Cab block and to OUTR1. This signal (for FOH) does contain cab simulation.

No need to duplicate any effects.

That figure / explanation is not commonly used. Use this grid instead:

in - [effects and amp blocks] - [fxl block] - [cab block] - out

The FXL block steers the signal to OUT2 (connected to your amp). Because that;s doen before the signal reaches the Cab block, there's no cab simulation.

The signal also flows right through FXL to the Cab block and to OUTR1. This signal (for FOH) does contain cab simulation.

No need to duplicate any effects.

Yes, but then I can't use the effects after the cab block, like Chorus, Delay, etc. in the second chain that's going to output 2

There's no benefit (in most scenarios) to placing fx after the cab block. Put them between amp and fxl/cab, works just as well.

No, the method in the manual can be handy when you want send a signal with cab/poweramp simulation to FOH, and a signal without cab/poweramp simulation (Sag=0 in 2nd Amp block) to an amp. But often you do not need to disable the Axe-Fx's power amp sim. in the signal going to the amp.

Last edited:
No, the method in the manual can be handy when you want send a signal with cab/poweramp simulation to FOH, and a signal without cab/poweramp simulation (Sag=0 in 2nd Amp block) to an amp. But often you do not need to disable the Axe-Fx's power amp sim. in the signal going to the amp.
Yes, but is it possible to recreate figure 3.2 on page 22 of the manual?

Yes.

On the front panel you insert more instances of some fx blocks.

My signal chain is:

Input--pre fx (wah,comp, etc)--amp (power sim on)--post fx (modulation, delay, reverb)--fxl (to my Mesa 2:90 and 4/12 recto cab)---cab block (oh recto).

All my patches are set up this way. My on stage amp/cab as well as foh w cab sims sound almost identical and I never have ANY issues.

Back
Top Bottom