Dunlop DVP4 pedal questions

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
Hello! I just got a dunlop mini DVP4 pedal to use for wah with the axe 3, and I noticed that upon calibration that it doesn't go up all of the way; maybe up to 90-95%. I read in a forum that this is pretty common on a handful of pedals?

Question is, is this not allowing me to gain the full range of the wah sweep, or does the axe compensate for this (or do I have to in a setting somewhere?)?

This is standard with the Dunlop pedals. The Axe will calibrate the pedal correctly. If you have any doubts, you could check the sweep with a Whammy pedal setting to make sure you are getting 100%.

This is standard with the Dunlop pedals. The Axe will calibrate the pedal correctly. If you have any doubts, you could check the sweep with a Whammy pedal setting to make sure you are getting 100%.
Got ya! So, I just noticed it isn't going all of the way up when I right click and open the control on the wah block. What does this mean? I was gonna try to do a toe down wah off kind of thing at 95%, but putting the toe down never turns the wah off unless I put the off value to 90%. I notice on the sweep that the yellow dot doesn't go the full range. Am I losing range, or did it calibrate wrong and is this normal?

Got ya! So, I just noticed it isn't going all of the way up when I right click and open the control on the wah block. What does this mean? I was gonna try to do a toe down wah off kind of thing at 95%, but putting the toe down never turns the wah off unless I put the off value to 90%. I notice on the sweep that the yellow dot doesn't go the full range. Am I losing range, or did it calibrate wrong and is this normal?
I have noticed thar the yellow indicator dot does not always track as well as the actual unit does.

I ve noticed the tracking to be a bit off at times. I would try recalibrating a few times to see if you notice a variance.

I ve noticed the tracking to be a bit off at times. I would try recalibrating a few times to see if you notice a variance.
Got ya! I gotta look up the calibration. When I look on the axe iii, the bar goes all the way down, but won't go all the way up (to the right). Is there a numeric value it shows on that screen as well? I don't remember seeing one.

Got ya! I gotta look up the calibration. When I look on the axe iii, the bar goes all the way down, but won't go all the way up (to the right). Is there a numeric value it shows on that screen as well? I don't remember seeing one.
You need to do the calibration. That's how the Axe Fx knows the range of the full pedal sweep.

Once it knows the minimum and maximum output from the pedal it will scale that to 100%.

do yourself a favor and set a little extra room at the heel position (if that's your default) in case the pedal gets nudged accidentally.

Back
Top Bottom