Dump banks to ROM On XL?

kmachman

Inspired
I am new to the the Axe FX. I just received my XL a couple weeks ago and am trying to figure out how to perform a back up to ROM.

Under utilities/presets, it only shows dump banks to MIDI or USB. Nothing about dumping/restoring to/from ROM. The only thing i see is backup/restore system. But from what i read, backup system will back up everything but presets.

Also when i perform the backup system function, i press the enter key and nothing seems to happen.. No progress meter.. The whole unit actually just freezes for about 10 seconds.

Am i missing something? Or does the XL not perform dump/restore to ROM functions?

I've asked that question too. It's not there on my XL. And not in FW 15beta1 either. It might be helpful to have an XL thread for questions and clarification maybe? I realize MOST of it is like the II but there are still some questions.

Did you get any good answers to that question? It seems odd that they would leave that out on the XL.

The XL does not have a backup to FLASH function because the presets are all in FLASH. If the battery dies you don't lose your presets so there is no need to back them up.

The system data IS battery-backed and the backup function saves system data to FLASH.

The XL does not have a backup to FLASH function because the presets are all in FLASH. If the battery dies you don't lose your presets so there is no need to back them up.

The system data IS battery-backed and the backup function saves system data to FLASH.

And how can I restore my own User-Presets/Banks if I fill my XL (for example) with Factory-Presets/Banks... without Fractal Bot or Axe-Edit???

Back
Top Bottom