Dummy alert! How to select forums?

plyall

Power User
Folks -

Because I recently upgraded to a III (and am selling my II), I wanted to restrict the forums I read to Axe-FX III forums, FC forums, and likely For Sale.

No disrespect, but I don't really want to have to sift through AX8 (etc.) messages if I don't have to.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

click the logo at the top left
look at the list of forums
click the one you want
bookmark that.

or just always go to that forum list and choose where you want to go.

click the logo at the top left
look at the list of forums
click the one you want
bookmark that.

or just always go to that forum list and choose where you want to go.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, there's really no way to 'filter' which forums I see? If that's true, it seems like an oversight given the volume of material that is here.

Thanks for the response!

We don't, currently, have an "Ignore Forum" feature. Might be a future enhancement.

Just use the “new posts” button. If you’re like me and check the forum daily, there’s really not that many posts to sift thru.

Everything is essentially related. I own a III but may get a FM3, and they share the same blocks and such. I also owned a Ax8 and II, which also share the same blocks more or less, and what works with those often works with the III... so on and so forth...

Plus, even though I don’t have a Ax8 or II anymore, I did, so I know some stuff about them and might be able to help others who have questions.

Just because you get a III doesn’t mean you need to ignore all the II users.....

And as stated before, it’s not like this place has hundreds of posts a day, it’s like a handful of new thread posts in each forum, hardly something that is hard to keep up with

Forum is better when we are a FAS community, not a “i only associate with owners of my exact hardware” community

Everything is essentially related. I own a III but may get a FM3, and they share the same blocks and such. I also owned a Ax8 and II, which also share the same blocks more or less, and what works with those often works with the III... so on and so forth...

Plus, even though I don’t have a Ax8 or II anymore, I did, so I know some stuff about them and might be able to help others who have questions.

Just because you get a III doesn’t mean you need to ignore all the II users.....

And as stated before, it’s not like this place has hundreds of posts a day, it’s like a handful of new thread posts in each forum, hardly something that is hard to keep up with

Forum is better when we are a FAS community, not a “i only associate with owners of my exact hardware” community

That isn't the intent. The intent is to focus on the III, as I'm still learning my way around. As I said in my original message, no disrespect is meant to other users. I had something like 900 posts on the II, and now I would like to shift gears.

That isn't the intent. The intent is to focus on the III, as I'm still learning my way around. As I said in my original message, no disrespect is meant to other users. I had something like 900 posts on the II, and now I would like to shift gears.

But like 95% of what applies/d to the II applies to the III, your not going to a different brand, just a newer model....

Likewise, if you’ve had 900 posts on the II, surely you know a thing or two about it, no? Why not help give back some of what you have learned over the years as a II owner for newer folks ?

Your obviously going to be wanting the experience of guys who have had their III’s for well over a year right ? Well just as you’d appreciate their help, you can also help others....

That is what makes this forum great, people reply with answers as much, if not more, than they ask questions. It’s fine to ask for help, but it’s import to also help....

I've been and the Fractal forums since the Axe-FX standard (and founded the first forum) but I never had the need to filter. I can already choose to which section I want to go from the main menu at https://forum.fractalaudio.com/
2019-07-24-12-43-08-Fractal-Audio-Systems-Forum.png

Even having the Axe-FX III, it is interesting to occasionally check the Preset Exchange section of the AX8 and the Axe-FX II. There are interesting presets that can be easily converted to the III

Back
Top Bottom