Dumbo Question ..... How do I save / extract a " Cab " from an existing preset ... ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi all !

This is a bit embarassing ... but here goes:-

-> I have an Axe 2 Mk 2
-> the other guitarist in our band also has an Axe 2 Mk 2
-> he recently created a preset where the Cab Block in the preset contains an IR of his own 1x12 Cab which he made with his Axe at is home
-> he emailed me the Preset
-> it loads and works and sounds fine on my Axe

My Question ?

I want to now save his Cab Block IR in to my Axe as a " User Cab " ..... I have 15 spare User Cab slots available .......... but I cant seem to figure out how to do this ? I know how to save it as a "Block" .... but what do I have to do to save his Cab IR as one of my User Cabs that shows up in my list of User Cab Slots ?

Thanks,
Ben

In Axe-Edit, select Tools from menu at the top, then select Axe-Manage Cabs. Click Ok when prompted with the warning box. Drag the .syx file of the cab from the folder in Windows Explorer onto an open slot in Axe-Edit's Axe-Manage Cab's window. Click the red Save button at the bottom, then click OK when prompted with the pop-up warning message. The new cab should turn green. You're done. Click Close.

In Axe-Edit, select Tools from menu at the top, then select Axe-Manage Cabs. Click Ok when prompted with the warning box. Drag the .syx file of the cab from the folder in Windows Explorer onto an open slot in Axe-Edit's Axe-Manage Cab's window. Click the red Save button at the bottom, then click OK when prompted with the pop-up warning message. The new cab should turn green. You're done. Click Close.

Hi Jason

I only have the full " preset .syx " file which contains the efx, amp , cab etc...... I dont have a seperate " cab.syx " file of just the Cab IR which is contained within the " preset.syx " ?

Hope I'm explaining this properly :)

Ben

Hi Jason

I only have the full " preset .syx " file which contains the efx, amp , cab etc...... I dont have a seperate " cab.syx " file of just the Cab IR which is contained within the " preset.syx " ?

Hope I'm explaining this properly :)

Ben

I understand. Someone else may have a better suggestion, but you could ask the other guitarist to simply export the cab and send it to you. Exporting can be accomplished through Axe-Manage Cabs, as well.

Or you could have him go to the Preset menu on his Axe-Edit and click "Export Preset-Cab Bundle". The resulting .syx file will contain both the preset and the cab, and when you import to your Axe-Edit it will load the cab to the scratch pad. When you then save to your afx, Axe-Edit will prompt you for a location to save the cab IR in a user slot as well.

Or you could have him go to the Preset menu on his Axe-Edit and click "Export Preset-Cab Bundle". The resulting .syx file will contain both the preset and the cab, and when you import to your Axe-Edit it will load the cab to the scratch pad. When you then save to your afx, Axe-Edit will prompt you for a location to save the cab IR in a user slot as well.

Many thanks !!! :) :) :)

Not the most straight-forward / easiest way to do it ...... but it worked !

Ben

Back
Top Bottom