AFIII Dumble Style Amps

Tasty playing, but just not tones I've ever really cared for.... Not saying its a bad tone by any means, and you preset these amps models fantastically. Its just something about the Dumble sound that has never really struck me... I always wonder why someone would want to pay $50k+ for those amps.

Like if I went to a yard sale and there was an old ODS and an old Silverface or basically any other amp there, and the seller let me plug into both, and take the one I liked better for $100, and I didn't know the value of an ODS, I think I would absolutely take anything but the ODS. I'd sure kick myself for passing on one when I learned the value, but tonally, it just does nothing for me.

Not to rain on the parade of anyone who loves them, more power to you, but its just always been a sound that makes me thing "whats the big deal"

Thanks for sharing the presets though!

Tasty playing, but just not tones I've ever really cared for.... Not saying its a bad tone by any means, and you preset these amps models fantastically. Its just something about the Dumble sound that has never really struck me... I always wonder why someone would want to pay $50k+ for those amps.

Like if I went to a yard sale and there was an old ODS and an old Silverface or basically any other amp there, and the seller let me plug into both, and take the one I liked better for $100, and I didn't know the value of an ODS, I think I would absolutely take anything but the ODS. I'd sure kick myself for passing on one when I learned the value, but tonally, it just does nothing for me.

Not to rain on the parade of anyone who loves them, more power to you, but its just always been a sound that makes me thing "whats the big deal"

Thanks for sharing the presets though!
Ive met a couple of people that hate the dumble sound for sure! You’re not alone! I studied jazz, so my ears like the sound. For a long time I hated the sound of a cranked tweed!! Then I learned to love it in the context of what its known for! Its a good thing we all have different ears.

some of the best examples of these amps I've heard. Always been a R.Ford fan so goes without saying I guess. thank you for sharing!

Here are the dumble and dumble style amps in the Axe Fx 3 :)

Absolutely some of the most inspired solo guitar playing I've heard in eons. Just jaw-dropping. Fantastic tones and dynamics too. I'm a metalhead, but I would listen to albums of this all day.

Since you don't have any solo albums/songs of that nature, who would you say is closest to that augmented-tonality fusion-y playing you're doing here?

Absolutely some of the most inspired solo guitar playing I've heard in eons. Just jaw-dropping. Fantastic tones and dynamics too. I'm a metalhead, but I would listen to albums of this all day.

Since you don't have any solo albums/songs of that nature, who would you say is closest to that augmented-tonality fusion-y playing you're doing here?
Thanks so much!!! As far as just the overall style, here are some players that are in that vein this kind of sound... Allen Hinds, Chris Cain, Drew Zingg, Larry Carlton, Robben Ford, Wayne Krantz...

My favorite by a wide margin was the Two Rock. Maybe because I've owned a few and they are familiar.

Exceptional playing, my friend!

Back
Top Bottom