Dumble ODS Patch

LVC

Fractal Fanatic
I have owned many D-style amps and clones - My favorite was a 90's Big Iron HRM EL34 that Brandon at Bludotone made for me. What I loved about that amp was the big cleans -- even though it was EL34 based the cleans just sounded like a huge Blackface 6L6 amp. The OD was fairly aggressive but dialed down it was very sweet. I am not a fan of higher gain tones so I use to really dial down the OD and it was very sweet and explosive. The RC Boost is one of my all time pedals and it was almost always on with the clean channel my dumble clones. It just sounds terrific. The RC Boost in FW10 kills and sounds like it should with a Dumble

this patch using the ODS CLean and Lead channels gets me pretty close to that amp and how I had it set up.

this is a low gain/clean patch so it is more appropriate for R&B/Soul and "smooth" jazz type of stuff.

Scene 1 - Clean channel
Scene 2 - Clean with 4db boost
Scene 3 = Clean Channel with RC Boost (my favorite)
Scene 4 - OD Channel
Scene 5 - OD Channel with Mid Boost

Link: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Dumble ODS - by LVC

Picture of some of my old Bludotones (brown suede one is the Big Iron EL34)

IMG_0062.jpg

With the Mutron on (filter first in chain) -- you should get pretty close to this tone (with scene 3)

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing ! I really like the older patches you put up. :encouragement:

Thanks for the kind words and your are welcome!

I will start focusing on my Tyler Elite HD and customize the same patches for it. Since I got My Suhr Antique Korina tele with hum buckers I have been ignoring my Tylers. I think out of my last 15 gigs, 13 have been with the Suhr. Love that damn guitar. Need to spread the love and add the tylers back into the rotation (SSH configuration)

This has become my favorite guitar to gig with

p3_u5u3gtmq2_so_zpsa234207d.jpg

p4_uerbse2w4_so_zpsf665f2a9.jpg

p2_ustlxx0ai_so_zps1f431f47.jpg

p1_uxerxhycl_so_zps9da6bb83.jpg

The lead channels aren't working for me, but the clean channels sound gorgeous!

Lead channels are scenes 4 and 5 (amp Y) -- I like low gain :). They are easy to change -- just crank the drive to taste and increase the input drive a bit from the axe layout menu. finding the right balance between input drive (volume) and Drive for the amount of dirt you want is they key with the lead channel. If you start clipping just back off the Master amp level on the lead channel.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words and your are welcome!

I will start focusing on my Tyler Elite HD and customize the same patches for it. Since I got My Suhr Antique Korina tele with hum buckers I have been ignoring my Tylers. I think out of my last 15 gigs, 13 have been with the Suhr. Love that damn guitar. Need to spread the love and add the tylers back into the rotation (SSH configuration)

This has become my favorite guitar to gig with

p1_uxerxhycl_so_zps9da6bb83.jpg

Awesome guitar.

I read so many positive reviews about Suhr guitars, I have to get my hands on one some day.

yep, great patch. Tried it at home and during yesterday's rehearsal. Great results with the clean scenes. Especially liked scene 3. Scene 4 and 5 didn't do it for me. I will have to do reduce the drive with these. But as scene 3 was so sweet - I didn't start tweeking. Instead played some music and had a blast. Bandmates where impressed as well.
Thanks for sharing this patch

(BTW: I run the following setup - Gibson ES 335 into Axe II into 1x Matrix q12a an a stand. So that is quite similar to LVC's setup, right?)

yep, great patch. Tried it at home and during yesterday's rehearsal. Great results with the clean scenes. Especially liked scene 3. Scene 4 and 5 didn't do it for me. I will have to do reduce the drive with these. But as scene 3 was so sweet - I didn't start tweeking. Instead played some music and had a blast. Bandmates where impressed as well.
Thanks for sharing this patch

(BTW: I run the following setup - Gibson ES 335 into Axe II into 1x Matrix q12a an a stand. So that is quite similar to LVC's setup, right?)

Yep

I have dialed back the OD channel as well. Feels like it has more gain after the last couple of updates

Hey just to let you know LVC, I used your Patch this weekend and it sounded great. I did change one of the drives to have more drive, but other then that it's the same Patch. I also used it in a band that I just started in on Friday. This was a first meeting Jam, can we play well together is everyone nice etc. The four songs we jammed to were pretty eclectic. Sir Duke, Power of love, I knew you were trouble from Taylor swift and Hard to handle from the black Crowes. Your patch sounded great on all those songs. Adding the higher drive for the heavier songs.

I usually don't use other peoples patches, but I thought I would give it a try. The main reason I tried your patch is because on the Taylor Swift song it starts with Clean Octaves at the beginning and your preset was definitely clean.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom