Dumb question - has anyone ever re-amped an effected track?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
This is a really, really dumb question, but I thought I'd ask. Has anyone ever tried to take an effected, over driven track and either somehow convert it to a kind of dry signal or use it successfully to re-amp it?

I have a solo I recorded a while ago. I really like a lot if things about the solo but I didn't record it with a dry track. It was recorded with a Ultra before I started learning how to tweak the tones.

I figure somebody might know something here I don't. I mean almost everybody here knows a hell of a lot I don't. Nothing ventured nothing gained! Maybe I can salvage this track??

Have I done this? no- can you convert it to dry to do stuff with? no

BUT i have accidentally put guitar rig or amplitube on an already distorted guitar and was able to to tweak it and actually was able to overdrive it more and eq it and change the kind of timber of the tone/distortion

you'd get a similar result to whatever you're working with- but the original tracks distortion will make it very overdriven and it may be difficult to tame noise wise

BUT you can amp it up again and tweak it to your liking

i'm sure you'd get a cool result with a high gain amp setting

That would be kind of like taking a piece of cake and trying to get back the wheat you made it with. There have been too many irreversible changes for that to work.

Back
Top Bottom