Dumb question alert - please don't shoot

Wildwind

Experienced
In the release notes, there is a term: non-HRM. What does this mean?

In terms of this Dumble model (I've just begun using the first Lead model extensively), what is the significance of non-HRM? I can't try it just yet, but will here in a little while.

Thanks for not shooting.

In the release notes, there is a term: non-HRM. What does this mean?

In terms of this Dumble model (I've just begun using the first Lead model extensively), what is the significance of non-HRM? I can't try it just yet, but will here in a little while.

Thanks for not shooting.

Hot Rodded Marshall I believe

Okay, I've heard that term before. What does it have to do with a Dumble? Marshall tone stack instead of the stock?

Found this on the history of Dumble amps.

Most of the Overdrive Special amps built in the 80’s amps are known as “non-HRM” Skyliner amps. The “non-HRM” refers to the extra tone-stack that HRM amps have after the second OverDrive stages. The non-HRM amps don’t have this tone stack and as a result the overdrive is bit more open and full sounding. The Skyliner tone stack is very balanced for both the clean and overdrive channels

Excellent! Can't wait to give this a try. For some reason, earlier versions of the ODS-100 didn't really appeal to me. Now in the new firmware, I've built an entire patch set around the Clean and Lead models and am loving it, though I have yet to try them on the gig - first chance is tonight.

Thanks everyone. I'm an information geek, so I'm still listening if anyone has more to add.

You gotta go with Hot Rubber Monkey.

It's described in all seriousness above; but it's fun to type at least if nothing else. ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom