Dumb problem - Bank up or down changes preset. What did I do?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
Dumb question. Scrolling up or down banks in the FC-12 changes presets rather than just let me look and maintin the curret preset. This didn't used to do that. What did I change? Obviously I did something worng. One big change is Im chaining a FC6 to the 12. Thanks.

Check the Preset Load setting for your bank up and down switches. Set it to None to make it not switch presets.
Sorry. Like almost a month later. Preset loading is set to none, but it still does it. The bank +/- in on tjhe FC-12. The FC-6 is set to secnes only.

Check the Preset Load setting for your bank up and down switches. Set it to None to make it not switch presets.

Hey Henry. If you export all layouts and post them I can have a gander. Unless Matt beats me to it!
Sorry to lag so long on my reply. How do I export the layouts? And what layouts do you want? Here's a clue. When I bank down it works as expected. The preset stays. But banking UP changes the preset to the same position of the bank just selected. In other words if preset 1 (Apples) is selected and I bank down preset 1, Apples is still selected. But if I bank UP it's preset 1 of the bank just selected (Beans). The FC Controllers bank layout looks exactly the same for both up/down bank, just like above except +1/-1.

Maybe try changing the function of the Bank up switch to something else and then back. Maybe it didn't get saved right or something in the layout.

Sorry to lag so long on my reply. How do I export the layouts? And what layouts do you want? Here's a clue. When I bank down it works as expected. The preset stays. But banking UP changes the preset to the same position of the bank just selected. In other words if preset 1 (Apples) is selected and I bank down preset 1, Apples is still selected. But if I bank UP it's preset 1 of the bank just selected (Beans). The FC Controllers bank layout looks exactly the same for both up/down bank, just like above except +1/-1.
In Axe Edit, go to the FC tab as you are in the picture you posted above, in the LAYOUT section - there is a small Edit with a downward triangle next to it. Click the triangle. From there you can export all layouts (last item in the menu). Save the file and post it here.

Found it.
Layout 7 is your performance Layout. It looks like your Layout 1, which is the layout you said had no auto-load on the Bank+1 switch.
But on Layout 7, the Bank+1 has auto load set to "current" which triggers whichever preset is in the target bank under the active switch.
For example, if you're on switch 4 (Preset 4) and you go Bank +1 (Switch 12) your Preset 14 will become active the moment you press Bank +1.

Fix: Just go to Layout 7, switch 12, and change Preset Load to NONE.

Found it.
Layout 7 is your performance Layout. It looks like your Layout 1, which is the layout you said had no auto-load on the Bank+1 switch.
But on Layout 7, the Bank+1 has auto load set to "current" which triggers whichever preset is in the target bank under the active switch.
For example, if you're on switch 4 (Preset 4) and you go Bank +1 (Switch 12) your Preset 14 will become active the moment you press Bank +1.

Nailed it!

Found it.

Genius!! OH! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom