Dual Recto EQ. Potentially silly question.

Ben.Last

Experienced
"Improved Recto models tone stack accuracy. The Recto models now use an exact digital replica of the unique tone control network used in those amps."

Would I be correct in assuming that this means that the Recto model B/M/H settings interact in series, as the real amp does?

All passive tone controls interact and all the Axe-Fx tone stacks replicate this behavior. The unique thing about a Dual Recto tone stack is that the Presence control is part of the tone stack. So the Recto tone controls also interact with the presence control.

Hey Cliff, would you be able to tell us exactly how the tone controls interact? I've tried to look this information up before but all the info I've ever really found about it was just that the tone controls do in fact influence each other, along with a hefty dose of mysticism and "WOW isn't that cool!" but nothing more concrete than that.

Hey Cliff, would you be able to tell us exactly how the tone controls interact? I've tried to look this information up before but all the info I've ever really found about it was just that the tone controls do in fact influence each other, along with a hefty dose of mysticism and "WOW isn't that cool!" but nothing more concrete than that.

Download Duncan's TSC and play with that.

All passive tone controls interact and all the Axe-Fx tone stacks replicate this behavior. The unique thing about a Dual Recto tone stack is that the Presence control is part of the tone stack. So the Recto tone controls also interact with the presence control.

Do any amps use a Baxandall tone stack?

Also, I think most amps pass signal when bass is on 0 for instance, but some don't? Why is that? Never quite understood the wiring. If it's true series, signal wouldn't pass unless tone stack was above 0, or is it "mixed" in somehow?

Sent from my iPhone

I used to have a Fender Prosonic. The tone controls were actually live volume controls for each freq band. All tones at zero meant NO sound. You dialed in how much bass, mid and treble additively.
I ended up using it dimed and cutting as needed. Pretty cool system actually.

And great amp by the way. Two gain controls. That amp was actually a pretty high gain amp which I would not mind seeing in the Axe FX.

Back
Top Bottom