Dual Input Help

Brian Coonan

Power User
I'm sure this is something I'm doing but I'm running a Y-Cable out of my guitar - one end is going to Input 2 (left), one is going to Input 1 (left) For some reason, I can only get the output to go out of output 1 and not through my Friedman which is output 2. Can someone maybe take a look and offer any advice? I've verified cabling and a good battery in the piezo.

The goal of the preset is that the piezo will go in the FX Loop and share the delay, reverb, and looper with the magnetics which will have the amp/cab sim.

I've attached the preset, and also some images of my setup screen in the global menu.

Thanks in advance!
Brian

Attachments

• Acoustic - Piezo.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IO screen 1.jpg
    IO screen 1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 9
  • IO Screen 2.jpg
    IO Screen 2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 9
The problem is the 'FxLoop' block. It overrides the 'Echo Output 1' setting.
Thanks @Moke - So you can have two inputs but not use them simultaneously if you want to use both outputs? Was really hoping I could run my piezo down one row totally bypassing the amp and cab blocks which is what's happening through out 1 (obviously). Is there a way to accomplish this using output two as well? (Tried setting the output two echo to none)

Not possible on AX8. You'd need a stereo main input or (using Input 2) feedback send/return blocks like on the Axe-FX, but the AX8 doesn't have those.

Today i wanted to create the same scenario. I own a musicman jp13 with a piezo system.
But i also had no luck to route the signal to output 2, like you.
The axefx has a stereo Input, so you dont need the fxblock for 2 Inputs. So you could use the block for Output.. but no solution for the ax8 found...

Any ideas, anyone?

Thank you , Thomas

How many output channels do you need, and what signals do you want in each?

You can send the main input to Out 2, and In 2 to Out 1. Output 1 can also be a mix of both signals if you want. The only thing that's not possible is sending anything from Input 2 to Output 2.

I could not figure a way to incorporate OUT 2 in this setup with my stereo Piezo/Mag axe, but I was able to add a vol/pan block and make a nice mix thru OUT 1 through hard panning the two VOL/Pan blocks...not what you want, but usable for sure, and a nice sounding preset.

Attachments

• acoustic 0ut 1 stere.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Thanks everyone (and thanks @bradlake for the preset) - it sounds like my best option to accomplish what I really want to do is to run one of the cables either direct to FoH or through maybe an acoustic preamp and then to FoH, which I’m not opposed to - I was just hoping I could keep everything running through the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom