Dual input > AX8 for two Guitars...

Standard electric row with input 1.

Additional input using FX loop block on its own row connecting to Out 1.

i think an example of my default preset is near the end of the Factory Presets.

Standard electric row with input 1.

Additional input using FX loop block on its own row connecting to Out 1.

i think an example of my default preset is near the end of the Factory Presets.

Chris, I'm a bit confused as to how to use the FX send input. I'm not getting any output .. Thanks

Chris, I'm a bit confused as to how to use the FX send input. I'm not getting any output .. Thanks
for this use, it's only an Input. just connect it to the Output grid on the far right at some point. i usually put the FX Loop block maybe 4 blocks to the left of the Output, so i'm not putting a ton of shunts for no reason. both guitar sounds will come from Out 1.

did you find the Factory Preset that has the setup?

yes, I found the preset. My AX8 is hooked up ( MainStereo -Quarter-inch jacks. ). Question: When I connect my acoustic to input fx 1 or fx 2 . No sound. So, are you saying to use FX send Outs only ? Thanks

yes, I found the preset. My AX8 is hooked up ( MainStereo -Quarter-inch jacks. ). Question: When I connect my acoustic to input fx 1 or fx 2 . No sound. So, are you saying to use FX send Outs only ? Thanks
no, the Output will be through Output 1. the FX Loop block is ONLY and input in this setup, and it must be connected eventually to the Output block on the far right, like any other block.

Thanks. Do you have a diagram. I really don't understand the layout. Tahnks
i'll try to screenshot something, but you just need to put the FX Loop block on the grid, and connect it all the way to the right like any other block.

Hello? Anybody still here?
I want to do looping with one guitar usually acoustic and switch to electric to layer different sounds and lead. Both sound great through the AX8 but the dual input cable I bought will only work with one guitar plugged in. I don't want to be limited to the one preset mentioned. Before I buy one is there an AB box that will work into the input. I have already balanced the presets I want to use. I just can't get signal if two guitars are plugged in.

...ut the dual input cable I bought will only work with one guitar plugged in.
Maybe it’s time to get a different cable.

I don't want to be limited to the one preset mentioned.
You’re not limited to one preset. You’re free to create whatever preset you want.

Before I buy one is there an AB box that will work into the input.
There are lots of A/B boxes. All of them will work into the Input.

Maybe it’s time to get a different cable.

You’re not limited to one preset. You’re free to create whatever preset you want.

There are lots of A/B boxes. All of them will work into the Input.
Thanks for responding. I didn't know some A/B boxes can reverse. I didn't want another pedal but I ordered one of these. The individual volume control is way easier than modifying presets.
Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 9.06.43 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom