Dual Guitar Gigbag

Keg8605

Power User
Looking for some recommendations for a dual guitar gigbag. Either two electric or Acoustic and Electric not sure yet which.

Keeping my portable rig setup, I like to keep my lugging from the apartment to one trip. That means guitar on back, rack in hand and pedalboard in the other. Due to a new band I am in I now have to bring my actual acoustic and I also might be bringing a spare electric as well. So might have to jsut make two trips.

Either way a Dual gig bag should help. I have a pretty nice single one right now too.

*searched around but pretty much only find the mono cases.

Thanks!

It's the same problem when you have to choose a rack case: would you put a very expensive gear in a 50 bucks rack?
So +1 on Mono bags, strong and easy to fill with everything you need.

I have an 'incase' dual guitar bag (along with my incase single) - they don't make them anymore. They are essentially (the first?) ultra-premium gig bags though; I've been using them weekly for well over 10+ years (I can't remember). They were also CRAZY expensive when I bought them new; I had a very hard time justifying the cost and swallowing the $$$ to go for them sight unseen.

They are some of the best purchases I ever made. They both (the single and the double) are holding up exceptionally well. Zero regrets. Buy the best quality gear you can afford and buy once.

I've been wanting the dual Mono bag for a number of years and have yet to pull the trigger... that's the one I would go for (and will, eventually)

Mono Cases all the way. The original hard case gets wrapped in shrink wrap and bunged in the loft. Every time one of my guitars leaves the house it's in a mono case, either single or dual.

Another Mono Dual user here. Five years in and it has held up very well. Top notch case.

I have an 'incase' dual guitar bag (along with my incase single) - they don't make them anymore. They are essentially (the first?) ultra-premium gig bags though; I've been using them weekly for well over 10+ years (I can't remember). They were also CRAZY expensive when I bought them new; I had a very hard time justifying the cost and swallowing the $$$ to go for them sight unseen.

They are some of the best purchases I ever made. They both (the single and the double) are holding up exceptionally well. Zero regrets. Buy the best quality gear you can afford and buy once.
I don't have a double but I do own both Mono and Incase gig bags. Both were solid investments.

It's the same problem when you have to choose a rack case: would you put a very expensive gear in a 50 bucks rack?
So +1 on Mono bags, strong and easy to fill with everything you need.

Yeah, I mean if you're slingin' around Squier Strats to your gigs or something then maybe forking out for a Mono case is a bit much. But if you've got decent instruments, not to mention you've maybe had those instruments for years and you wanna look after 'em... a bit of extra money on a good case that should last you many years hardly seems unreasonable to me.

I don't have any Mono cases, but their dual case was definitely on my list of crap to buy until the band fell apart. If I didn't have good cases already (albeit a lot bulkier and more of a pain to lug around) I'd have bought one.

I've been on the lookout as well, last Winter NAMM saw Gator coming out with a dual gig bag. Haven't seen it in stores in EU yet. Pricewise, at 200 it's inbetween the MONO and cheap gig bags.

Gator G-PG ELEC 2X - ProGo series Ultimate Gig Bag for 2 Electrics | Sweetwater.com

I seem to remember a movie of them throwing one of these cases around, It seemed a strong and protective enough case.

Thanks, didn't see that one on the site earlier. A little cheaper than the mono's at least. I agree, with spending some dough since they are guitars afterall and pretty good ones at that. Godin and PRS....

Definitely not going with the cheap ones. If I'm going to cheap out, I'll just make an extra trip with them in the cases :) Thanks for the replies dudes!

I have had soo many gig-bags. What keeps the cheap apart from the costly is not the padding but the longitudinal reinforcement that secures the neck.
I'll rather have some dents or bruises than a broken guitar-neck if shit hit's the brick.

I've had good luck with the Access stuff. And like any other company, they make several different levels to get you at the price point you may want to stay in.

I have both a Mono Single, Mono Dual and a Mooridian gig back - both brands offer exceptional quality construction and protection for your instrument(s).
I use them professionally and they have stood the test of time exceptionally well - my Mono Dual which I take 90 % of the time looks essentially new after 3 years of heavy use.
Can't recommend them highly enough if you have nice guitars that you want to protect well in a gig back.

Back
Top Bottom