Dual Clean preset blown up... anyone else?

mwd

Power User
I never modify my factory presets. They are all moved over a bank on my III and I copy them to my first bank and modify my copies. My first 10 or 20 presets are on the fly presets and then I have 30 or so per song presets. So I have my factory Dual Clean as well as a copy and many of my presets use Dual Clean as foundation. With the Cygnus update every Dual Clean preset the volume skyrocketed and tonally it just doesn't sound the same. I reset several of them with Fractool carefully freezing many settings but I have yet to touch the factory preset. Each version is whacked.

Questions are did this happen to anyone else on this preset? Any recommendations how to get it back to normal? I look forward to the new factory presets to see where it went astray on my system but I would like to get them back to usable.

I noticed some of my clean presets sounded less clean after the update. It is annoying, now when I lower the drive or master volume to clean it up, the tone is not the same.

Just reload the previous firmware 15 and it should be back to sounding as your used to (backed up presents ideally reloaded as well)

I'm trying to make the transition to 16. I don't have any gigs coming up and many of the presets are a great improvement. Just the Dual Clean that's throwing me.

Without looking, guessing that dual clean probably has the Roland 120 in it. Volume changed drastically on that amp. I noticed yesterday on the "Walking On The Moon" preset when I did an amp reset while rocking out playing along with "Regatta de Blanc" . Almost blew me out of the room.

Without looking, guessing that dual clean probably has the Roland 120 in it. Volume changed drastically on that amp. I noticed yesterday on the "Walking On The Moon" preset when I did an amp reset while rocking out playing along with "Regatta de Blanc" . Almost blew me out of the room.
Maybe it's finally been fixed with the MV at 10 instead of 5 (there's no MV on the real one)?

Yep--10 was a big difference. And like the OP, I tried to get it back to the old feel by fiddling with both the master and the gain, and still couldn't quite get out some of the wooliness. I don't expect wooliness from the 120. So I finally just reverted it back to the original preset.

Dual Clean uses USA Clean (Mesa/Boogie Mark IV) and Double Verb Vibrato (Fender Twin Reverb)

Oops. Never mind. Must be the Mesa then most likely. I’ve reset several Twin presets without much change but I don’t think I’ve reset a USA Clean preset yet.

Maybe it's finally been fixed with the MV at 10 instead of 5 (there's no MV on the real one)?

The JC120 has been fixed! For the first time in forever, I didn't have to scratch my head, then remember to dive into "ideal" settings and dime the MV after soft reset. I am liking the release version of Cygnus a lot. Still working carefully through my gigging and studio presets, despite having worked through them once before. It would be very hard to think of this as a chore, more of a brilliant voyage of discovery.

Liam

I never modify my factory presets. They are all moved over a bank on my III and I copy them to my first bank and modify my copies. My first 10 or 20 presets are on the fly presets and then I have 30 or so per song presets. So I have my factory Dual Clean as well as a copy and many of my presets use Dual Clean as foundation. With the Cygnus update every Dual Clean preset the volume skyrocketed and tonally it just doesn't sound the same. I reset several of them with Fractool carefully freezing many settings but I have yet to touch the factory preset. Each version is whacked.

Questions are did this happen to anyone else on this preset? Any recommendations how to get it back to normal? I look forward to the new factory presets to see where it went astray on my system but I would like to get them back to usable.
Can you post a preset at least for those of us that don't use the factory stuff?

I've got so many copies of Dual Clean I'm lost at the moment. Let me figure out my best back up copy of factory preset after I clean up my flooded kitchen and take towels to the laundromat. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom