dual amps on standard?

If you run dual amps on the standard and a shit ton of effects you might run out of juice but if you're not going crazy with effects you should be fine.

example: patch = dual amps and cabs plus delay reverb and or wah or shifter...would this be trouble?.. thats about the most i would ever use at 1 time.

rectifier said:
example: patch = dual amps and cabs plus delay reverb and or wah or shifter...would this be trouble?.. thats about the most i would ever use at 1 time.

Are you running a complete chain on both amps or would the amps share the effects or only have the effects on one amp? The amp sims themselves are processor heavy and I believe the Pitch Shifter is heavy too.

i dont have the unit yet but trying to decide between the ultra and standard....im not a tom morello type effects guy..lol.. the effects would prolly be shared on the amps... just trying to make sure the standard will suffice my needs.

I don't use too many patches with dual amps in them but I do have most of my patches with a ton of effects on them and never really run into problems.

rectifier said:
so you have the standard ...then?

Yep. And on each patch I have every effect I would ever want in the matrix and just have the ones I don't want for that patch bypassed. It runs great. I have a couple of studio patches with dual amps and a few effects and it runs fine. Where you would run into issues is if you have a dual amp path with each it's own complicated effects chains.

deadringer said:
I don't use too many patches with dual amps in them but I do have most of my patches with a ton of effects on them and never really run into problems.

I run out of CPU power on my ultra from time to time .. I guess everybody uses it in a different way ) ;)

Mik.

Back
Top Bottom