Dual amps Mute/unmute vs Multiplexer block

Thomas Obester

Experienced
I saw a few videos where 1 amp is muted and 2nd unmuted without the MUX block and switching back and forth makes transition seamless.

What are the benefits when using the multiplexer block for gapless switching between 2 amp blocks ?

I never had an issue/gab with bypassing 1 amp and activating the other but technically seen, lets say if you were using a midi controller and sending midi messages to bypass/activate amp blocks you might have a gap if you were sending bunch of other midi messages simultaneously. But even in that situation i never had a gap.

I think MUX block is more needed with some fx blocks in a similar situation where you bypass one and activate other. Or also if you have some advanced routing inside the matrix.

Curious about this as well. I was looking between channels and scenes to have 4 to 8 amps with effects that would remain in the state they were engaged while switching amps. Meaning, if my delay was on and I changed my amp the delay stays on. I couldn't see that using scenes would allow this so I stuck with 4 channels/amps. If there's a way with two amps and turning the channel on or off that would work as well. I would basically have two presets that covered everything.

I am sure there are other scenarios but I have always viewed the multiplexer as a tool if you have multiple ins and outs you need to switch between. If you one in and multiple outs then just bypassing blocks is efficient enough. That's my rule of thumb.

Back
Top Bottom