Dual Amp phase issue?

rsf1977_again

Power User
When I have a dual amp preset and i split my signal into 2 paths and put a drive block in front of only one of the amp block there is some serious phase issues going on, especially noticeable if you try to merge them both into mono. If you listen to it in stereo it sounds like there's a spatial enhancer widening everything. I wish there was a way to eliminate that phase sound and keep this setup.

It's (mostly, probably) due to latency added by the drive block. One way to deal with this is a flanger or compressor at 0% mix in the other path, with dry delay (flanger) or look-ahead (comp) set to match the latency.

It's (mostly, probably) due to latency added by the drive block. One way to deal with this is a flanger or compressor at 0% mix in the other path, with dry delay (flanger) or look-ahead (comp) set to match the latency.

I guess that would do it

Is it actually just the phase? Meaning is the drive you are using inverting the phase? If so you may have two amps that are in phase and flipping one with the drive. Have you tried inverting the phase on just the one path with the drive?

If it's latency, could you work around by adding the same drive block in front of both amps, but have one bypassed?

If it's latency, could you work around by adding the same drive block in front of both amps, but have one bypassed?

I don't think bypassed will have the latency compensation, but engaged, 0% mix w/ tone controls neutral would work.

Back
Top Bottom