DSL100HR, DSL40C and FX8MKII 7CM

CraigP

Inspired
Just got the DSL100HR yesterday and set it up 4CM with my FX8MKII on the left channel. Additionally, I setup the DSL40C using 4CM using the right channel. While noodling and tweaking today, I noticed that the volume on the DSL100HR were effecting the volume on the DSL40C. I understand that the effects running through the loop and their settings could be changed or panned between the two, however, with the volume and gain on zero, I was still getting a full signal through the speaker of the DSL40C.

Any ideas? I did find and setup both amps where I wanted them as far as volume, gain and effects levels. I just found it strange that the DSL100HR would seemingly be using the speaker of the DSL40C as one of it's own.

Thanks in advance

That sounds like the amps have master volume before fx loop and the signal is being summed to mono in the FX8 post chain. Make sure FX8 input/output modes are all set to stereo.

That sounds like the amps have master volume before fx loop and the signal is being summed to mono in the FX8 post chain. Make sure FX8 input/output modes are all set to stereo.
I will go through and check all that again. Issue does not happen when I put the FX8 in bypass so it has to be in the settings somewhere. But still, why would turning volume knob on the 100H adjust volume on the 40C? Strange.

If the FX8 is summing to mono during the post stage, anything at post in L or R is going to both post output channels. You're adjusting the volume (I realize you didn't say master volume, but whatever control you're adjusting must be before the amp's FX Loop send) of something going to post in L, and that signal is going to post out L & R.

If the FX8 is summing to mono during the post stage, anything at post in L or R is going to both post output channels. You're adjusting the volume (I realize you didn't say master volume, but whatever control you're adjusting must be before the amp's FX Loop send) of something going to post in L, and that signal is going to post out L & R.
Got it. I just checked all my cable runs also. The only change I made was under I/O I changed Left Input to stereo. Didn't realize that the FX loop would still allow signal through to the speaker like that with the gain and volume on the 40C set to zero. I have the master on the 100HR at @ 6-7 and am floating the channel volume and gain between 1 and 6 while I learn this new amp.

Last edited:
Still can't figure this out...triple checked all cabling (again), even swapped out amps. The left channel amp is somehow connected through the FX8 to the right channel amp and controls the volume and tone controls of that unit. Weird.

In the I/O: AUDIO menu, what is "OUTPUT 2 (POST) MODE" set to? This is one of the settings I was referring to earlier, should be "stereo".

You're hearing preamp 1 through power amp 2. Amp 1 isn't doing anything to the actual volume/tone controls on Amp 2.

In the I/O: AUDIO menu, what is "OUTPUT 2 (POST) MODE" set to? This is one of the settings I was referring to earlier, should be "stereo".

You're hearing preamp 1 through power amp 2. Amp 1 isn't doing anything to the actual volume/tone controls on Amp 2.
Yes, all set to stereo and YES, Amp 1 tone and volume were affecting Amp 2, even with Amp 2 volume and EQ all set to zero, the sounds is EQ and clean/crunch just like Amp 1. Also, Amp 2 is NOT affected when utilizing the master volume on Amp 1. It is definitely something in the Post Out that is linking the two together. I don't have the midi connected either (for what that's worth).

Well, I have gone through it top to bottom, checked and rechecked settings and will just deal with it. I can utilize the MV on Amp 1 to overcome Amp 1. I simply have the volume of Amp 1 and 2 where I want it set. If needed, I use the MV on Amp 1 to bring it up a bit. Just going to leave it as is since it is working fine for what I want at the moment.
set.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom