Drum VSTs - how do you program your MIdI??

I'm new to Superior drummer but have had EZ drummer long time; I see toontrack with loads of sales each year on EZ drummer expansions/midi etc but do they not have SDX packs very often it seems? i'd love to pick up another SDX but not at full price again. ouch.

I'm new to Superior drummer but have had EZ drummer long time; I see toontrack with loads of sales each year on EZ drummer expansions/midi etc but do they not have SDX packs very often it seems? i'd love to pick up another SDX but not at full price again. ouch.

No they don’t and even when they do it’s like $30 offf, it’s rarely a big discount. I’ve only bought one SDX since I’ve had SD3 and it was because I wanted a Tama Starclassic kit (my favorite drums), I’ve been able to cover all the rest of the ground I “need” with the existing kits or piecing together my own. That mixer is so damn good in SD3 I don’t have to do much for post-processing at all, usually just some compression stuff.

Black Friday (last week of November into December sometime) they always have epic sales. 50% off or more. Both EZD and SD
packs and upgrades. Just be patient. :)

I’ve been using EZ Drummer 2, and now 3. I generally start with a groove, and then track guitar or bass. Once the rhythm guitar or bass track (or both) are done, I add drum intros, fills, change ups, etc, to give the drums some variety.

I find that the drums on EZ Drummer sound fantastic as is, but even better if I do some processing with virtual channels, tape sims, compression, etc. Nothing wrong with them as is, they can just be a bit vanilla…..which is a great thing, as I can dial them in to fit the mix. In general, I wait until the drum parts are done, and then bounce each individual drum out to an aux track. I always kill the built in reverb and/or delay, so that I get perfect dry drums. In PT, I then use the Commit function to create stand alone tracks, and hide/make inactive the original stereo midi track. I then process the new audio track versions of each drum track, send to aux’s for reverb, echo, parallel comp, etc.

If you are looking for very realistic sounding midi drums that are not very hard to use, EZDrummer 3 is a wonderful choice.

Think this next go round I'll lay tracks and then bring in a drummer.
Usually I use a keyboard and 2 fingers. I also have a KAT4 kit here and can play some standard stuff.

Back
Top Bottom