Drum machines for guitar practice

Check out the iReal Pro app. It plays backing for lead sheets and there is a large library of existing songs. It will play drums, bass, piano. It has good features for looping, transposing each Nth iteration, etc.
Looks very cool, thanks.

Do you get all features forever for the base $14.99 price (for Android anyway), or are there paid add-ons after that?

Looks very cool, thanks.

Do you get all features forever for the base $14.99 price (for Android anyway), or are there paid add-ons after that?

Their site doesn’t make it clear exactly what it comes with. The in app purchases appear to be more styles, like rock or blues or whatever. I think the $14.99 buys you the app and it’s yours. Upgrades are optional. I’m going to pick it up this week. For that price, why not. It’s very well rated.

I’m pretty much decided to go ahead and buy the Alexis SR-18. The demos sound very good.

I have the Beat Buddy (fairly new to it) and I added a Morningstar 6 button midi controller.
Holy flexible! The Beat Buddy is almost a little too good. You can use their midi editor to create literally any beat you can think of...load it, select it, change the tempo, etc.
The BB with a 6 (or more) midi controller is a drummer in a box.
For practice, it's amazing.
For live, I'm almost wondering if it's 'too much' to include in a solo or duo acoustic show. Don't know if it will sound too karaoke. I may simplify what I use in the BB (for live) and make it just a thump and tamborine type beat, so it doesn't sound like a 'fake drummer'.

But man what cool unit this is! Endless possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom